URGENT Help needed for buying a Convertible Touchscreen Laptop for 70-80k, please guide

alpha5555

Broken In
Budget - Rs 70-80k, can go slightly higher if needed

Size - 13-14'' screen, neither too big, nor too small

Weight - not more then 1.5 Kg

Screen resolution - 1920 x 1080p (Full HD)

Battery back up - minimum 5-7hrs, the more the better

Brands -
a. Like: HP, Lenovo
b. Dislike: Dell, Sony
but there is nothing strict in this regards, can buy any brand if that is offering the best value for money.

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
This laptop will be used for normal Microsoft Office type of application usage and web browsing and attending online training classes, watching video tutorials and making video calls.

This will never be used for any type of VIDEO GAMES or heavy duty video editing work etc. of any type. So please do not make suggestions which are suitable for a gaming laptop, that is not my requirement.

Any other considerations?

The Webcam should be of good quality, because this laptop will be used for conference calls etc.

If the Stylus Pen is included in the pack, that would be great, otherwise please suggest which Stylus Pen to buy which will work fine for a student for taking notes etc.

RAM should be minimum 8GB but would prefer 16 GB to be on the safer side.
Hard Drive should be SSD NVMe of at least 512 GB, if 1 TB in good price, then that would be preferred.

Warranty - The brand should give good onsite warranty for 1 year. Would prefer to take extended warranty during the laptop buying itself, if some good offers are available.

Buying preference - Would prefer to buy locally in Chandigarh, North India, if there is no huge difference in the prices available online. But if there is good difference, then willing to buy online as well.

Have to buy this within this week itself. But if something very important is about to happen in a few months, then can somehow arrange some laptop from a friend for 2-3 months and wait for the best deal. I am saying this because some friend has told that the Intel 12th generation CPU are much better then 11th generation ones, and they will start shipping very soon in India. So I am really confused, if I should be waiting for them, or if I should just go ahead and buy the ones which are currently available at good price points. Please guide in this regards as well, to wait for 12th generation ones or not.

If any more points needs to be known, then kindly ask here and I will be happy to provide any more details that are needed.

Please guide me to buy the best laptop according to the above specifications. It is a big investment for me and I would like to use it for a few years going ahead. So I want to buy the best possible laptop in my budget range.

Thanks a lot for providing any suggestions and guidance.

Best Regards

OP
A

alpha5555

Broken In
HP Aero 13 with R5 5600U & 16GB RAM is under 65k now. Enough

Thank you @omega44-xt for your suggestion.

*www.amazon.in/HP-Pavilion-Aero-Fingerprint-13-be0030AU/dp/B098NNGNVC?th=1

Amazon is showing the price as Rs 63000 currently for the above model.

Since my budget is in the range of 70-80k, therefor I have a little more leeway to go little bit higher then this. In that case, will you please suggest any other models as well, or you think I should go for this model itself?

And what about the comparison between Ryzen 5 and Intel Core i-5, any idea, which one is better option and why? I do not have much experience in this, therefor not really sure how to decide between Ryzen Vs Intel processors.

Also, can someone please suggest which Stylus PEN should I buy for this?

Thanks a lot

Thank you @omega44-xt for your suggestion.

*www.amazon.in/HP-Pavilion-Aero-Fingerprint-13-be0030AU/dp/B098NNGNVC?th=1

Amazon is showing the price as Rs 63000 currently for the above model.

Since my budget is in the range of 70-80k, therefor I have a little more leeway to go little bit higher then this. In that case, will you please suggest any other models as well, or you think I should go for this model itself?

And what about the comparison between Ryzen 5 and Intel Core i-5, any idea, which one is better option and why? I do not have much experience in this, therefor not really sure how to decide between Ryzen Vs Intel processors.

Also, can someone please suggest which Stylus PEN should I buy for this?

Thanks a lot
Do you really need a pen & touchscreen? My cousin has such a laptop, is a student, but after some initial excitement, rarely use it. Use a notebook for note taking, still the way to go. My father also has a touchscreen laptop, he rarely uses it as well. Both of them use touchscreen sometimes for just opening an app or closing it, other than that, mostly use touchpad + KB. My cousin has kept the pen safely someplace else as laptops don't have slot to keep the pen in it.

R5 5600U has better CPU performance & battery life than i5 or i7 1165G7 low power options. Aero 13 has plastic build but is well built compared to cheaper models. Honestly for normal usage, it is more than enough. No touchscreen though.

For touchscreen:
Amazon.in
Has pen in box according to description.

OP
A

alpha5555

Broken In
Do you really need a pen & touchscreen? My cousin has such a laptop, is a student, but after some initial excitement, rarely use it. Use a notebook for note taking, still the way to go. My father also has a touchscreen laptop, he rarely uses it as well. Both of them use touchscreen sometimes for just opening an app or closing it, other than that, mostly use touchpad + KB. My cousin has kept the pen safely someplace else as laptops don't have slot to keep the pen in it.

R5 5600U has better CPU performance & battery life than i5 or i7 1165G7 low power options. Aero 13 has plastic build but is well built compared to cheaper models. Honestly for normal usage, it is more than enough. No touchscreen though.

For touchscreen:
Amazon.in
Has pen in box according to description.
Thanks for your reply again.

Actually, I do get your point that the touch screen feature might not be used that much, but still it is needed in this case.

I am looking at the Lenovo Model that you have suggested. The inbuilt pen is an advantage.

Regards

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I work with touchscreen laptops/tablets/hybrids. Novelty factor wears off within mere minutes if your usage doesn't involves interacting with touchscreen for a majority of the time. Heck, I just start a remote desktop session instead of using the devices physically.

Sent from my Poco X3 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply again.

Actually, I do get your point that the touch screen feature might not be used that much, but still it is needed in this case.

I am looking at the Lenovo Model that you have suggested. The inbuilt pen is an advantage.

Regards
Again, no space in the laptop to keep the pen, like the Samsung Galaxy Note series. You will have to keep it safe separately.

OP
A

alpha5555

Broken In
Again, no space in the laptop to keep the pen, like the Samsung Galaxy Note series. You will have to keep it safe separately.
I work with touchscreen laptops/tablets/hybrids. Novelty factor wears off within mere minutes if your usage doesn't involves interacting with touchscreen for a majority of the time. Heck, I just start a remote desktop session instead of using the devices physically.

Sent from my Poco X3 Pro using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for your replies. As I spend more time on researching the touchscreen laptops, I am already starting have the doubts, whether it is better to buy a laptop with touchscreen or instead I should buy a normal laptop and a separate tablet, because both the options will almost cost similar amount.

I will share more details about this in some time, currently going through various options for the tablets first.

OP
A

alpha5555

Broken In
I have been told that the Intel 12th generation CPU are much better then the previous 11th generation and they beat the AMD Ryzon CPU range in the comparative price range. I am not totally sure about this though.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have been told that the Intel 12th generation CPU are much better then the previous 11th generation and they beat the AMD Ryzon CPU range in the comparative price range. I am not totally sure about this though.
For your usage, it won't matter. Anything above 6th Gen core-i series and Ryzen 3000 series would feel the same, rest of hardware remaining unchanged.

Honestly, for performance, you shouldn't be looking at thin & light to begin with. Another thing is that 12th gen is still less power efficient than Ryzens, so R7 5700U being Zen2+ will still provide better battery life. For normal usage, I feel 4 cores are enough, but since there are no well priced 4c laptops, R5 5500U is what I recommend. Anything beyond that is more than capable enough.

OP
A

alpha5555

Broken In
Honestly, for performance, you shouldn't be looking at thin & light to begin with. Another thing is that 12th gen is still less power efficient than Ryzens, so R7 5700U being Zen2+ will still provide better battery life. For normal usage, I feel 4 cores are enough, but since there are no well priced 4c laptops, R5 5500U is what I recommend. Anything beyond that is more than capable enough.

I got busy with some family work for a few days, so this remained pending. After going through the suggestions from all you friends here, I have this final requirement now, as I am no longer looking to buy the touchscreen laptop. Here are the complete specs -

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 CPU
RAM - 16 GB RAM
Hard Drive - 1 TB SSD Hard Drive
Screen Size - 13 to 14 inches
Weight - not more then 2 Kg
Screen resolution - 1920 x 1080p (Full HD)
Battery back up - minimum 5-7hrs, the more the better
Operating System - DOS "as I want to save money on the OS"
Budget - around Rs 60,000 for this laptop "because I have to buy an extra tablet as well, which will easily cost around 30-35k separately"

I have to buy LENOVO Laptop only, no other brands.

When I posted my above requirements to Lenovo Support Staff, they sent back the following link to me -
*www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-e-series/ThinkPad-E14-Gen-3-14”-AMD/p/22TPE14E4A3

Can you guys please help me to make the final decision. Which exact Lenovo Laptop will suite my above requirements? Any suggestions in this regards?

Any help is welcome. Best Regards.

Much better option. ThinkPads & ThinkBook are good, well built but Lenovo sells it with TN panels. TN panels should not be present in any 50k or more laptop.
*www.amazon.in/dp/B09P1KY3KH/

Something under 60k but has TN panel:
*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-ThinkBook-39-62cm-Antiglare-21A4A09RIH/dp/B0B2DDX3M7/

OP
A

alpha5555

Broken In
Dear friends, - " specially @omega44-xt , @SaiyanGoku , " thank you so much for providing the valuable guidance during this process of buying the laptop. I have purchased it offline from Lenovo Store. The exact model is this -

*www.amazon.in/dp/B09Q5F1GTP
Series IdeaPad 5 15ITL05, Part Number : 82FG01B3IN
At that time it was listed on Amazon @ Rs 64,990 but I got it much cheaper offline.

I paid 59,000 for the laptop and 2999 for taking the complete 3 year Accidental Damage Warranty
and I also got 5000 Cash Back Discount Offer on SBI Credit Card, therefor it costed me just 57000 net and I am tension free for the next 3 years.

All details of this particular model are given on Laptop Website at the following link -

*psref.lenovo.com/Detail/IdeaPad/IdeaPad_5_15ITL05?M=82FG01B3IN

Intel Core i5-1135G7 (4C / 8T, 2.4 / 4.2GHz, 8MB)
16GB Soldered DDR4-3200
512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0x4 NVMe
15.6" FHD (1920x1080) IPS 300nits Anti-glare, 45% NTSC
Aluminium (Top), PC + ABS (Bottom)
Around 1.66 kg (3.66 lbs)
Windows 11 Home 64, English
Office Home and Student 2021

I am very happy with this so far, no problems of any kind at all.

Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom