1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

[URGENT] Courier Misplacement By DTDC

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by max_demon, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max_demon

max_demon IM AS MAD AS HELL!!

i am really annoyed at this issue ,

five days earlier i have booked a courier to [Amarbir]Chandigarh for a Demand Draft, i have also included a letter regarding my order information etc .

but i had recieved a call from amarbir that there was no demand draft in the envelope , this is a serious issue . the demand draft was of amount 7216/-

please guys help me what can i do , i will go to bank tomorrow to cancel the Demand Draft asap ,

i am really frustated at dtdc

2. Rahim

Rahim Married!

Yah cancellation is the only option and apart from a complain, I dont think you ahev to do anything else. I hope you have the DD No.

3. amol48

amol48 Searching...

Don't worry about the money it's fine. But you need to get this sorted from DTDC. I had a similar experience while ordering for free Colgate toothpaste samples :p I got only the envelope and no toothpates.. LOL :D :p

4. Rahim

Rahim Married!

^Yoo got no toothpaste but your smiley has some shiny teeth :)

5. OP
    OP
    max_demon

max_demon IM AS MAD AS HELL!!

the DTDC guys are refusing to accept their mistake , also i have contacted the bank they said i have to submit an application ,WTF to get my money back . damn .

6. Rahim

Rahim Married!

^You can cancel the DD and will get the money back after the bank deduct some charges. Did you use your Bank A/C to make the DD or cash?

7. Ponmayilal

Ponmayilal Attitude matters

India Post is much more reliable than these unscrupulous couriers and it is always better to avoid them when sending important documents.
    Notwithstanding, the one question for which I have no answer todate is this:
    We are requested/required to send all important documents by registered mail.The recepient may be a service agency who is supposed to act on those documents and may be, return them to the sender when done.The recepient misplaces it or wantonly fails to take cognisance of its receipt.When pressed, he comes up saying that he indeed received a registered envelope that was only empty when opened.Where does one stand? How can I prove that I had indeed sent the document?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  8. heavyarms

heavyarms New Member

^^that would be dumb to say....no one sends an empty envelope:p..

@OP if u had nothing but the DD in the envelope....then u could have had upperhand.

9. NucleusKore

NucleusKore TheSaint

Next time you want to send a DD use DHL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.