[URGENT] Advice for gaming laptop within Rs 45000

debarshi

Otaku
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

45000 (+/- 2000)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: DELL, HP
b. Dislike: None as such

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Multimedia, Games, MATLAB

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Anything

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

a. I would be connecting it to my Dell IN2030M, and occasionally my SONY 26" (no games on it) so would like to know if there will be any problem playing games with it.

I have shortlisted the Dell Inspiron 15 3521

I also have the Lenovo Z500 in mind.....(PS. I would be mostly gaming on the 22" monitor)

Leaning on dell because: a. Lower weight b. Higher battery life

I will be buying within tomorrow (most probably, unless someone convinces me with the Z500), so replies will be most appreciated.........

Last edited:

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
ur best bet is the z500. good vfm. But no 45K laptop can game at 1080p.... however... you will be able to run most games at medium-high in the z500.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Thanks for the superfast reply :)

As I told above, I wouldn't be gaming on my SONY TV.......... Can it handle 1600*900 in med-low? And is the performance gain on Z500 that significant?

The way you said it, it sounded it "Z500 literally blows away the Dell"

Last edited:

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Thanks for the superfast reply :)

As I told above, I wouldn't be gaming on my SONY TV.......... Can it handle 1600*900 in med-low? And is the performance gain on Z500 that significant?

The way you said it, it sounded it "Z500 literally blows away the Dell"

i7 will matter when it comes to matlab... not so much in games (yet).... and i doubt if 740m will perform well on a 900p screen (its 64 bit)..... but much better than a 630m for sure

What about ASS of Lenovo? (I'm talking about Kolkata)

cant comment..... once my thinkpad got screwd.... they repaired it in 3 days.... and the same thing happened an year later.... and they took a month to replace it....

unpredictable.... still... it didn't prevent me from buying the y500,,, if u like the config... go fr it.... or u can go fr a amd-ati combo in hp.... they always have good ass

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
still... it didn't prevent me from buying the y500,,, if u like the config... go fr it.... or u can go fr a amd-ati combo in hp.... they always have good ass

Mmmm........ So you own a Y500...Gr8 :)... How's Lenovo's build quality compared to others? I've used Dell and Sony but never Lenovo....

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Mmmm........ So you own a Y500...Gr8 :)... How's Lenovo's build quality compared to others? I've used Dell and Sony but never Lenovo....

Hp build quality is very good... i used to own a dv5.

got a thinkpad from my college.... worst laptop i've ever seen. something goes wrong every other hour.

The Y500 is simpy brilliant! beautiful finish! very well designed. Runs mid 70*C while maxed out gaming. Only issue i have with this is that the left and right edge is a bit sharp =|... but leaving that out.. it has been a good experience!

Top Bottom