ur attention pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adiit007

Broken In
I am from Jamshedpur & I am a gaming freak.

I have a computer - HCL Beanstalk-4458
configuration is as follows:-

---------------------------------
OS- MS WIN XP[HOME EDITION]
SYSTEM MODEL- MS6714
BIOS- AWARD MODULAR BIOS v6.00PG
ACPI UNIPROCESSOR; - INTEL P4, 1.9GHZ.
DIRECT X- 9.0c

----------------------------------
DISPLAY:-

DEVICE- INTEL[R] 82845G GRAPHICS CONTROLLER
CHIP TYPE- INTEL[R] 82845G/GL CHIP

CPU-1896 MHZ.,400FSB,256KB CACHE, 478P
HDD- 40 GB. ATA/100 IDE HDD 7200 RPM[SAMSUNG]
RAM- DDR SDRAM 128MB PC 2100, NON ECC
MOTHERBOARD- MSI, VIVIO-S 1845GV-D, P4, 478 MATX.
3 PCI SLOTS/ 3DIMM SLOTS/ 1 SERIAL, 1 PARALLEL PORT/ 2 USB PORTS

FAN SINK- P4 478 NW TILL, .8 GHZ.

I am planning to upgrade to 512 DDR RAM, with a graphics card.
I would like to know if my motherboard supports a graphics card or not.
In Jamshedpur, the hardware market is almost zero. Therefore, the nearest hardwarre hot stop and spot for me is Kolkata.
Please suggest me the correct upgrades so that I can smoothly run games like-DOOM-3 and HALF LIFE-2.
(cash limit - within Rs. 10,000)
Also, plese provide me with the addresses of genuine hardware dealers in Kolkata(only)!

I have a few more questions:-

1. What is pixel shader?

2. How do I change my "START" button to read "AKASH" instead of start?

3. Has HALO 2 arrived in India?

4. How do you save in GTA 2[game] provided in this month's DIGIT DVD?
No cheats work. I tried to cheat as provided in the Cheatbook but of no avail. Please give me a detailed procedure od saving and cheating in the game.

please can you give me all the answers within 2 days? It is a request to all the forum uers.

I need help in my hardware configuration immidiately!!!!!@ Please advice me on the RAM's make I should opt for.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
i can answer questions 1 and 3 frm ur list :p

1. these links will help: *www.nvidia.com/object/feature_pixelshader.html
*www.geocities.com/arne9184/articlestutorials/Introduction_on_vertex_and_pixel_shaders.htm

3. Halo 2 is out only 4 the Xbox and i dont think the game is available in India coz MS doesnt sell the Xbox in India...but i may be wrong...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
adiit007 said:
I am planning to upgrade to 512 DDR RAM, with a graphics card.
I would like to know if my motherboard supports a graphics card or not.
In Jamshedpur, the hardware market is almost zero. Therefore, the nearest hardwarre hot stop and spot for me is Kolkata.
Please suggest me the correct upgrades so that I can smoothly run games like-DOOM-3 and HALF LIFE-2.
(cash limit - within Rs. 10,000)
Also, plese provide me with the addresses of genuine hardware dealers in Kolkata(only)!
Well this query u have posted in the Hadware section too i guess so u'll find better solutions out there :wink:

adiit007 said:
1. What is pixel shader?
Its a current technlogy that is highly stressed on making the In-game surfaces look more realistic.....The latest version is V2.0 is needed by some games like Deus Ex:invisible wars,Prince of Persia:Sands of time etc and recent Graphic cards Like minimum Geforce Fx 5200 and So on support This feature....without this feature support in ur graphics card u wont be able to Start the pixel shader requiring game :) More Info out here *www.nvidia.com/object/feature_pixelshader.html
adiit007 said:
2. How do I change my "START" button to read "AKASH" instead of start?
Use hook 99 from here *thunder.prohosting.com/~ladi/e_hook.html#top

adiit007 said:
3. Has HALO 2 arrived in India?
Nope Halo 2 has not arrived in India yet (as a Legal Copy i mean) but the pirated copies are up for sale :wink:

adiit007 said:
4. How do you save in GTA 2[game] provided in this month's DIGIT DVD?
No cheats work. I tried to cheat as provided in the Cheatbook but of no avail. Please give me a detailed procedure od saving and cheating in the game.
I suppose u can use Gta Trainer or cheat tool for it....i had posted a link on that....here it is again *translate.google.com/translate?hl=...ta+2+trainer+download&start=10&hl=en&lr=&sa=N
Edit:Here just got the Link for Gta 2 cheats queries thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16588

Hope this is enough :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom