UPS Requirement for PC

Discussion in 'Power supply / Cabinets / Mods' started by Nerevarine, Jun 24, 2018.

1. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Super Moderator

Looks alright.Also that surge protector will protect against local grid surges but I recommend unplugging any telephone wire/broadband cable lan wire to modem/router if it is connected to pc via lan wire(no issue with wifi) during thunderstorms as no surge protection will be enough in that case(except for the whole house lightening surge protection which is costly & may not be possible to do at all depending on house). Use speakers in that surge protected socket.

2. OP
    OP
    Nerevarine

Nerevarine Well-Known Member

Final verdict after weeks of usage : Great Product.
    No annoying beeping noise, very good build quality, button quality is great.
    Fans auto turn on when it needs to cool, also has surge protector embedded for non UPS devices.
    Nifty purchase, a tad bit expensive but this is definitely required for a high end PC.

3. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Super Moderator

So no overload/restart issues like in cyberpower?

4. OP
    OP
    Nerevarine

Nope, perfectly fine. Power went off during BF1 match, it switches to battery immediately.
    I think CyberPower was also good but it was an old model that they sent me (2016). Could explain the discount then.

5. lenin.arya

lenin.arya Member

Whats your experience with the fan noise of this UPS? There are many reviews saying the fan is too loud.

How often does the fan switch on ? ( does it switch on during backup mode only or during normal operation too?)

6. OP
    OP
    Nerevarine

The fan noise is definitely a problem. It tends to switch on pretty randomly sometimes and it is very loud.
    even if u turn off the UPS completely, the fan would keep spinning to "cool" the UPS for sometime before it shuts down completely <--- Their word, not mine.