UPS for low power devices(ADSL router, modem etc)

tomblr

Right off the assembly line
The modem has a adapter, but that is a 220v AC to 12v DC. The output from the UPS is 220v DC.

Well, This certainly used to be a problem when i used to work from home. The beep-beep killed my peace when the power was out.

Always wondered that all the possible devices (phone, tablet, laptop) that works with wi-fi has a battery but the wi-fi router doesn't. Solving this problem was in my mind for long, after stepping in to entrepreneur bandwagon - we have built a very small powerbackup (size is between iphone 5 and iphone 6) that can keep your wi-fi router on for about 3-4 hours (longer than power cuts). Targeting to make this commercially available soon.

If anyone in this forum is seriously interested in this product, can ship it for your feedback and review.

karnivas

I'm interested in knowing the details, could you detail me on the specification and cost. I'm looking to buy a device as I have a genset based back up power arrangement and when power goes it takes 2 minutes for it to restore. So I need modem back up only for 2 minutes every time there is an outage. Do you think your device suits this requirement. If it works, then it will be cost effective and power effective for users like me who have some kind of power backup at home

amsharma

Hi [MENTION=317368]tomblr[/MENTION], would be glad to review your product. Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

To update everyone. I finally opened up the Intex UPS and connected two wires directly to the battery points.

From that I connected a car 12v shell connector (female) such as this one: *www.earlybirdsavings.com/picture/GCR025/view-GCR025-12v-Female-Car-Cigar-Cigarette-Lighter-Socket-Plug-Connector-Plug-Cable-1.jpg

And then connected a car charger extender (*tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M59f2140ef8d750b99fbd201b5df00878o0&pid=15.1) to the same.

From the extender, used the 5v USB to power the ADSL router, by splitting a USB cable (*www.instructables.com/id/How-to-power-nearly-anything-off-a-USB-port/).

For the wi-fi router, which takes 12v, directly powered using cabled from the extender.

Still have 2 slots in the extender, will use them for charging laptop and mobile phone if needed.

So, the setup is complete and I am powercut safe, with 12+ hours of battery backup for most devices. This however, could have been done by any UPS and not just this Intex one.

harishkumar09

Hi digit01, I have also bought the same Intex - 50 UPS. It works like a charm for my ADSL router, but when I connect it top my laptop charger (via a 2 pin- 3 socket converter) it shows the Red LED On to mean Fault Mode Short Circuit. Later it signalled overcharge. I called up the call center and the shop in which I bought the UPS, both of them say I can connect it to a laptop. But when I do that, the laptop is not charging. Can you help me?

driverace

Broken In
I have separate Router (D-link) & Wifi router (Asus N10E).

Power cut in my home area is as frequent as 3-4 times a day (<< that way 2-3 days a week)
and on 1 day per week (Thu) power is gone for as long as 4-5 hours.

I feel I can manage with a backup of upto 2~3 hours, which will cover most days.
On day with 4+ hours of power cut, I will manage the on-time as required.

Will any of these suit my requirement:

APC 600VA @ 2300 INR (7Ah battery) - 2 Yr Warranty

Champion 800 VA @ 2300 INR (9Ah battery) - 2Yr Warranty

Although, Champion gets me more VA + more Ah battery it has less "number" of reviews as compared to APC.

Inputs appreciated,

Ace.

Top Bottom