Upgrading RAM

bhokal

Broken In
I have a laptop with 4GB RAM in single DIMM slot and I have been thinking of getting another stick to get it working in dual channel. My current RAM is running at 1600MHZ and have latency of 11-11-11-28. Can i get a ram of better latency like 9-9-9-28 ? Will it work with my current RAM or would i need to lower its latency to match my current RAM. I am thinking of getting a better RAM so later I can replace my current RAM to another better one
Here are the few options. How come transcend jetram is so much cheaper having so better latency
Transcend JetRam DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (JM1600KSN-4G) - Transcend: Flipkart.com

G.Skill SQ DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) Laptop RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBSQ) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) Laptop RAM (CMSX4GX3M1A1600C9) - Corsair: Flipkart.com

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
opt for 2 X corsair vengeance laptop ram and sell your current one. running two rams with different latencies may create problems. does your bios allow you to change memory timings and all?

OP
B

bhokal

Broken In
on checking i find that no I cant change my ram settings from the bios. Btw isnt transcend cas timings are better than corsair ones and is cheaper. Therefore arent they better than those ?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i would say go for corsair because of its superior a$$. you might get some better deal locally.

Top Bottom