Upgrading my rig, getting some sand!

AshutoshM

Blue Age Wonders
Okay guyz, I've decided to upgrade my rig and this time I would be finally registered into the sandy bridge category too if destiny allows. My current rig specs are mentioned below. For the new upgrade I've decided to go with an i5-2400 and a descent motherboard (of course not the Z68 or Z77 as I won't be ocing plus it's not K series processor either).

First, I was going with something like H61 mobo but then I got my hands onto a mobo like this, Asrock B75-M GL which is based on a new platform B75 offering more than the H61 like USB 3.0 support and PCI-3.0 (I know this won't be of any use for me but in case). Now, please don't recommend me the i5-2500k as my budget won't allow me that plus for that I will have to go with the Z68 or Z77 mobo and then I won't be going with a cheap Z68/77 coz I would have to go with a hard overclocker board for taking the advantage of K which means absolute financial disaster for me :pullhair: !

I need to mention here that I will be playing only games (all the latest high-end games) and each game on best available settings. But, as far as the resolution is concerned, I won't be stretching it more than 1366 X 768. Now, for a resolution like this, I don't think that I need a GPU upgrade too.

My other thought is getting another HD 6850 or HD 6870 and do a Crossfire but for that I will be needing a new PSU and mobo as my current mobo is not Crossfire capable and e8200 would then bottleneck my crossfire setup, plus it would be too heavy on my budget.

So, what do you guys think of an i5-2400 + HD 6850 build and will it be future proof?

EDIT: 2400 is a solid CPU and even runs neck to neck with 2500k even when 2500k is overclocked at 4Ghz in games especially. Even, 2400 is a bit faster in some cases :grinsmack: . See one such test: Benchmark Results: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim : Picking A Sub-$200 Gaming CPU: FX, An APU, Or A Pentium?

NOTE: I am already having HD 6850. For CPU and mobo, i5-2400 and ASRock B75M-GL are final and I won't change that. Only suggest me whether this config. will do the job or not and please don't suggest any alternatives.

Last edited:

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
i have no freaking idea what u are taking about....
so lets take this one by one....
answers the questions here:*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html
then we can take it forward...

OP
AshutoshM

AshutoshM

Blue Age Wonders
i have no freaking idea what u are taking about....
so lets take this one by one....
answers the questions here:*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html
then we can take it forward...

Man I don't know either what are you talking about and what is not so clear to you! I've already read that and I'm not here to decide for the CPU or GPU or mobo. These are obvious to be bought. I'm just asking you that will that config would be good or not. Man if you don't know what I'm trying to say then for God's sake please don't give such kind of answers.
To be honest, you didn't get the idea of my posting, seriously man!

As for the mobo, it's mentioned on the link you gave that for i5-2400, H67 would be good. But, I doubt it (yeah I'm not even saying Z77/Z68/P67).

Last edited:

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
1.this is a forum..to post in a section u should follow the rules...i just pointed you to that.
2.your post hardly says what you want..and trying to do...you dont even mention a budget? is it 10k? 20K?30K? or 60k?
3.read the 2nd post of that thread...then you will gt some idea why the post is there.
4.2400+B75 sounds good...but it aint future proof..

OP
AshutoshM

AshutoshM

Blue Age Wonders
1.this is a forum..to post in a section u should follow the rules...i just pointed you to that.
2.your post hardly says what you want..and trying to do...you dont even mention a budget? is it 10k? 20K?30K? or 60k?
3.read the 2nd post of that thread...then you will gt some idea why the post is there.
4.2400+B75 sounds good...but it aint future proof..

1. I've not violated any rule, I've already read what you are pointing to.
2. My post clearly says that I'm deciding to buy such and such thing and I'm sticking to it strongly. I can't go with anything other than a 2400 and B75 as it's my final choice and it's clearly mentioned over there that I can't go with a 2500k or any other expensive mobo, so no need of pointing to the budget as the lot is final. Also, I'm asking you guys to what you feel about this config, my need is mentioned there too clearly, I can't see any point in why you are not able to understand the aim of my post.
3. I'm mentioning it 3rd time: I've read that and don't ever point to that thing again.
4. Okay, I respect what you think about the config and the future proof thing. Next time, it would be kind if you mention the reason why you feel that.

My intention is not to humiliate you in any manner, but the way of your giving a response is ridiculous.

Top Bottom