Upgrading my Pc 2 make it run like Bugatti Veyron

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunwar

In the zone
As, i have many options in motherboards 4 my AMD 3200+(Socket939)
So,suggest me the BEST

1)Asus A8 nSli Premium (My friend says that going 4 SLI mobo will be FUTUREPROOF, Also,awarded as top performing in PC Quest ,oCT,05)
2)MSI RS 480 M2 (It has integrated gfx)
3)ECS KNI extreme (CHIP called it EXTREME value in their Sept issue)
4)FoxConn Winfast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS (Rs 4,950) [recommended by www.zdnetindia.com
5)Asus A8ne (Recommended by my friend -Sorabh)

i am also buying 66600 gt Golden Sample(only1) Rs. 8900
512 mb ram
Samsung Syncmaster 793s (Rs 5650)
i PROBLEM- AMD mobos doesn't support DDR2

Also,
will it be good decision to go 4 amd 3200 which works at only 2.0 GHz.

Or

I should i go 4 intel 3.0 GHz

harish_21_10

In the zone
kunwar said:
1)Asus A8 nSli Premium (My friend says that going 4 SLI mobo will be FUTUREPROOF, Also,awarded as top performing in PC Quest ,oCT,05)
I dont think its worth getting an SLI board unless u get atleast a 6800gt card.
kunwar said:
2)MSI RS 480 M2 (It has integrated gfx)
Since u have already decided to get a 6600gt card then why take this board?Here are few topics: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25260&highlight=clockgen
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29550&highlight=clockgen
kuwar said:
3)ECS KNI extreme (CHIP called it EXTREME value in their Sept issue)
C**P might have given it the extreme value,but have you compared it with other boards?dont go only with what the magazines say.
kuwar said:
4)FoxConn Winfast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS (Rs 4,950) [recommended by www.zdnetindia.com
Got no idea about this board
kuwar said:
5)Asus A8ne (Recommended by my friend -Sorabh)
If u dont need integrated graphics then this is the board to go for
NOTE:There is no onboard VGA so a graphic card is compulsary.

kuwar said:
will it be good decision to go 4 amd 3200 which works at only 2.0 GHz.
or
I should i go 4 intel 3.0 GHz
If i am not wrong u want the PC for gaming as u are taking a 6600gt so i would recomend AMD over Intel.Also heat and noise level of AMD are lower than Intel.And 3200+ can easily be overclocked if needed.

This is what i had to say but also wait for others advice,but AMD is what most people will advice you.

geekysage

Journeyman
Thinking that an SLI mobo will make you FUTUREPROOF is stupid. Unless you're buying 2 gfx cards now to get the max performance SLI is not worth it. People don't realize that by the time they would feel the need for another gfx card, one new x15xx series card alone (definitely available for less compared to the cost of your 2 gfx cards) could beat the s_hit out of an SLI 6600gt setup. Besides, there is no guarantee that 6600gt would even be available then. So my recommendation would be to go for a non-SLI board (save some money). When you finally feel the need for another gfx card, put your old 6600gt on ebay and buy a new x15xx or whatever series available at that time.

Your friend Sorabh's choice is a good one, Asus A8NE is one of the best nF4 implementations out there. I'd recommend DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D - an overclocker's dream. Even if you are not into overclocking, buy it so that you have the option to do so when you feel like it. Not sure about its availability in India though.

Get atleast 1GB RAM and to your question about the processor choice, AMD is the way to go. Yes, AMD boards don't support DDR2 yet but that doesn't mean they are inferior in any way. In fact, it's a difference of implementation. You can think about it like this: your AMD 3200+ 2GHz would outperform Intel 3GHz any given time. Rite now, that's what is happening with DDR and DDR2. Don't wanna go into much technical details for reasons you prolly know but DDR2 have higher latencies resulting in a performance decrease. Although, that's changing rapidly now with faster chips coming into the market (not in India yet). Hope the processor analogy made sense to you.

D

Deleted member 5901

My suggestion !!!

Hey how long will u Run ur system for ????

Hey FUTURE PROOF is all B**Ls !!!

And DIGIT and Chip keep talking about it !!!

Nothing is Future proof NOW - A - Days !!!

Wats ur Budget !!!

Since ur talking about 2.0ghz !!!!

Go in for the 3700+ on the 754 socket !!!

Which is the higest !!!

(Since u never said nething about buying 2 RAM Modules im asuming 1 = 512 mb ram module)

Which does not make sense !!!

Coz if u would go in for the 939soc u would only see a difference if u go in for 2 modules and run them in DUAL-DDR mode !!! COz the 939soc have a double memory Controller whre as the 754soc has a single memory controller which makes the difference between them !!!

Im running the BEST BOARD available on the 754soc with a Athlon64 2800+ !!! And its FASSSSSSSSST !!!!

I did Win XP install in approx 12 n1/2 13mins !!!!

Keeping the FRESH install option in mind !!!!

That have to be done manually !!! That was by me !!! And i belive "Haste makes waste !!!".

According to me my next upgrade will only come once im sure the 3700+ is Gonna get outdated !!!

So i can Relax for the next 1 n 1/2 - 2 yrs !!! Coz AMD has no intention to discontinue the 754SOCKET !!!

INFACT they have plans of Pushing the speed higher !!!

BTW i have a ASUS K8N-E Deluxe !!!!

WHICH Has been Know to be a TOP RATED Board By ALMOST ALL TOP MAGZ in the world !!!

Not Forgetting TOMSHARDWARE.COM

Ne way i hope my suggestion help u make a GOOD decision !!!

Cheers !!!

Cya Take Care !!!

D

Deleted member 5901

Ringwraith said:
ahh excitement's getting the better of u :p

Hey If u meant that for me !!!

Oh boy "I SEE (Not only hear) What i believe !!".

cheers !!!

geekysage

Journeyman
@King_Niral: dude, Ringwraith was prolly referring to your hundreds of exclamations (!) after every line. try and learn some netiquette.
peace.

D

Deleted member 5901

chill hey ok !

itz a habit man

k thanx 4 clearing it

Cya

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
ya,
i read the review of asus a8 ne in Nov issue of DIGIT.

It had the highest score of "price index" in the comparison.

Great mobo!

SEE THE COMPARISON to know about "ECS KN1 Extreme"

it is great but a bit higher priced than ASUS A8 n-e

Nov issue of DIGIT

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
FOLLOW THIS LINK 2 KNOW ABOUT " FoxConn Winfast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS (Rs 4,950)"

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=5554&cat_id=556

jagjitnatt

Broken In
Today is Today

I think ASUS is good but I don't think you SLI right now. And don't make you PC too future proof, cause in the future new RAM standards and faster, multicore processors with new graphics interfaces are gonna show up and your motherboard will get outdated for sure. And you will have too upgrade it then anyway.

You better spend your money on a better heatsink and more RAM which will really give you better efficiency and speeds since you will be able to overclock you Processor to atleast 2.4 Ghz and may be 2.8Ghz if lucky. Athlon 64 3200+ ROCKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom