Upgrading my Acer Laptop's storage

monkey

Padawan
I have Acer VX-15 laptop which came installed with 128GB M.2 SATA SSD and 1TB HDD. I am planning to upgrade the storage to 500GB M.2 SATA + 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD. I have selected two companies for this:

1. Crucial MX500 combo - for Rs. 14,500/-
2. Samsung 860 EVO combo - for Rs. 19,500/-.

Which should I choose considering the price difference and service support/life-span/performance?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go with crucial & don't forget that upgrading anything in acer laptop,if not done by authorized service centre,will void any existing warranty.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Go with crucial & don't forget that upgrading anything in acer laptop,if not done by authorized service centre,will void any existing warranty.
My laptop is already out-of-warranty (its 2 year old). So you think Crucial is a safe bet? How's the service of Crucial in Delhi?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
My laptop is already out-of-warranty (its 2 year old). So you think Crucial is a safe bet? How's the service of Crucial in Delhi?
Kaizen infoserve currently handles crucial rma in India.They also handle rma of many other major brands(e.g.corsair) so there should not be any issues.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have Acer VX-15 laptop which came installed with 128GB M.2 SATA SSD and 1TB HDD. I am planning to upgrade the storage to 500GB M.2 SATA + 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD. I have selected two companies for this:

1. Crucial MX500 combo - for Rs. 14,500/-
2. Samsung 860 EVO combo - for Rs. 19,500/-.

Which should I choose considering the price difference and service support/life-span/performance?
Dude, Samsung 860 Evo is currently being sold for Rs 11k in lightning deal.
*www.amazon.in/Samsung-Internal-Solid-State-MZ-76E1T0BW/dp/B078DPCY3T

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Dude, Samsung 860 Evo is currently being sold for Rs 11k in lightning deal.
*www.amazon.in/Samsung-Internal-Solid-State-MZ-76E1T0BW/dp/B078DPCY3T
Saw your message late...its back to 13.5k.. :-(
BTW I have shortlisted Crucial on Amazon but am waiting for some deal (Christmas maybe) so that I can get better pricing...:D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
BTW I have shortlisted Crucial on Amazon but am waiting for some deal (Christmas maybe) so that I can get better pricing...:D

Extend the waiting a bit more and you may get lucky with any one of these sale :

Amazon New Year Sale ( 1st Jan Onward ) / Amazon Great Indian Sale (22nd to 24th Jan) / Amazon Republic Day Sale ( 25th and 26th Jan )

Got Raspberry Pi2 at Rs. 249 long time back on the Republic Day Sale.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Dunno man.. I can still see it under lightning deal:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B078DPCY3T/ref=gbdp_vlo_a88be1d8_B078DPCY3T?_encoding=UTF8&smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Dunno man.. I can still see it under lightning deal:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B078DPCY3T/ref=gbdp_vlo_a88be1d8_B078DPCY3T?_encoding=UTF8&smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG
That's for prime members only.
This is too tempting to let go, even though I do not need any more ssd storage. :lol:

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Saw the listing. I think it got relisted. But is it worth 17,700/- on amazon (under lightning deal) while the Crucial combo is costing 14,830/-?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you can afford the extra 2.9k then it is certainly worth it but you won't be losing anything by going with crucial combo.In fact the best option would be 500gb m2 860 evo with 1 tb MX500 2.5" sata ssd.

Top Bottom