Upgrading my A8 4500M (HpG6 2005ax) with better A10/ and BIOS queries

I read this--
A8-4500M can be upgraded to A10-4600M/A10-4655M or even the newest A10-5750M, and there is a Richland version coming soon that is supposed to be even better. (Soon is mid-June btw). So, if you want to upgrade you can...all the A series APUs have built in graphics, and with each generation they get better. Your's is a Trinity APU which is the current version and it's not quite the most potent model they offered, but it's a higher end one. The Richland series is the next generation coming, and it's supposed to be more potent with higher clock speeds and better graphics.
from Upgrading an AMD A8-4500M APU ? [Solved] - CPUs

2013-08-03 00.54.22.jpg
1) How do i upgrade?
2 )Do i buy the chip online?
3) Or go to HP service center.
4) Whats the cost?
5) Is the cost to performance improvement justifiable in DAY2DAY tasks
6) Is the cost to performance improvement justifiable for GAMING tasks
7) Will this improve issues related to badly optimized games like NFS Rivals?

Games at present that gives me lots of performance problems despite that fact that people on youtube with similar laptops are showing off smooth gameplay
a) NFS Rivals
b) Assasins Creed 4 Black Flag
c) Call of Duty: Goatse :D
d) Gone Home
e) Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Ps. Dont you just love well organised,well formatted, easy to read queries :D:D

Ps.#2 . Inserted picture of my laptop for reference. My cat watching sexy pics, (whatever floats his boat man)...
*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/23/gjb8.jpg

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Hi guys, title sort of says it all, but here goes some more--
1) How do i upgrade?
2 )Do i buy the chip online?
3) Or go to HP service center.
4) Whats the cost?
5) Is the cost to performance improvement justifiable in DAY2DAY tasks
6) Is the cost to performance improvement justifiable for GAMING tasks
7) Will this improve issues related to badly optimized games like NFS Rivals?

Games at present that gives me lots of performance problems despite that fact that people on youtube with similar laptops are showing off smooth gameplay
a) NFS Rivals
b) Assasins Creed 4 Black Flag
c) Call of Duty: Goatse :D
d) Gone Home
e) Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Ps. Dont you just love well organised,well formatted, easy to read queries :D:D[/size=10]

You can't upgrade your CPU as it is a laptop. Search google :- how to flash bios on [laptop model].

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
i posted the link in my first post, anyways here goes once more-
Upgrading an AMD A8-4500M APU ? [Solved] - CPUs

i was pretty shocked too, as in happy shocked...

Here is another website where ppl do crazy things with the APU
Upgrading my weak Trinity Laptop with the strongest AMD A10-5750M ES Richland APU

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Cool!!

Check again if your laptop has A8 4500M. Google your laptop's model and make and see if it is upgradable.

If it is then:-

Buy this using your International Credit Card

New AMD Quad Core Mobile A10 5750M 2 5GHz Socket FS1 AM5750DEC44HL | eBay

The seller looks trustworthy.

Create an account in this site.

PPOBox.com-Shop and Ship from USA, UK and China to India Online

Ship the item to ppobox address. Once it arrives in India then you gotta pay customs+shipping charges.

Total cost will be ~ 12-13k

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the shipper ships worldwide. Get it shipped directly to India, it will be faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Also do some research whether the Integrated GPU of A10 5750M will be compatible with your dedicated card in Crossfire or not.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Oh noo, plz no Foreign sites... no credit card here, just debit cards.. Live with my brother and my parent are where they are posted and they wont let me use their credit cards.(and am not sure their credit cards are international or not totaly new to this thing)
What about anything local, in India

- - - Updated - - -

And does that thing come with a better GPU with more video memory?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Oh noo, plz no Foreign sites... no credit card here, just debit cards.. Live with my brother and my parent are where they are posted and they wont let me use their credit cards.(and am not sure their credit cards are international or not totaly new to this thing)
What about anything local, in India

- - - Updated - - -

And does that thing come with a better GPU with more video memory?

I seriously doubt you'll get anything of that sort in India. Delhi is your best bet(Nehru place) or even Bangalore. Of course it has a better Integrated GPU.This Integrated GPU doesn't have memory, it uses RAM.

Last edited:
@seamon
The seller whose ebay item you mentioned offers free intl. shipping, IMO no credit card or PPO-Box shipping necessary.
Price would be close to 9.8k

- - - Updated - - -

@OP
btw how does you machine perform thermally?
My room mate has the same machine and it IDLES at 70c and goes all the way to 85c when watching youtube vids.
Injustic Gods Among Us takes it to 90+ where it throttles heavily and shuts itself down. Any damn game apart from UT2k4 heats the laptop enough for you to cook on it!
Extremely poor thermal management and a fan which sounds like an aircraft engine at full blast.

I posted the same question in the g6 thread here but didnt get a proper reply

Check a few posts after that.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
@seamon
The seller whose ebay item you mentioned offers free intl. shipping, IMO no credit card or PPO-Box shipping necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

@OP
My room mate has the same machine and it IDLES at 70c and goes all the way to 85c when watching youtube vids.
Injustic Gods Among Us takes it to 90+ where it throttles heavily and shuts itself down. Any damn game apart from UT2k4 heats the laptop enough for you to cook on it!
Extremely poor thermal management and a fan which sounds like an aircraft engine at full blast.

I posted the same question in the g6 thread here but didnt get a proper reply

Even if you use Paisa Pay, you are still gonna need a card (debit or credit)

- - - Updated - - -

Ebay doesn't support Cash on Delivery.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
@seamon

- - - Updated - - -

@OP

Had this issue too. When playing Crysis 2 my laptop used to roar like a Boeing 747 and after 5 mins used to Blue Screen and DIE . So i gave it to HP service center. I didn't have receipt warranty etc etc, but they jotted down the number at the base of laptop and told me to come and take it tomorrow. next day i came and took it, all fixed, no more roaring engine, all for FREE and without any Warranty documents. (i think i was still covered under warranty).
As a side request i asked them to re install Windows and make me a rescue DVD which they also did, for free. The girls in the service centre were HOT! 1 Old technician Guy and 5 young Girls taking care of my laptop....
As for throttling, well, the AMD A8/A10 series sucks balls in this department. My next laptop will be Intel-nVidia combo for sure 100%. Playing Assassins Creed 4 is a nightmare, sometimes fps dropping down to 1 (or even minus if FRAPS could show it) and sometimes smooth 30+ fps
- - - Updated - - -

Nope looks like the seller only accepts paypal, PaisaPay is no good.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless OP has an Axis bank Debit card, he can't make the purchase.

Only Hamara Baharat Mahaan SBI Debit Card :(

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Had this issue too. When playing Crysis 2 my laptop used to roar like a Boeing 747 and after 5 mins used to Blue Screen and DIE . So i gave it to HP service center. I didn't have receipt warranty etc etc, but they jotted down the number at the base of laptop and told me to come and take it tomorrow. next day i came and took it, all fixed, no more roaring engine, all for FREE and without any Warranty documents. (i think i was still covered under warranty).
As a side request i asked them to re install Windows and make me a rescue DVD which they also did, for free. The girls in the service centre were HOT! 1 Old technician Guy and 5 young Girls taking care of my laptop....
As for throttling, well, the AMD A8/A10 series sucks balls in this department. My next laptop will be Intel-nVidia combo for sure 100%. Playing Assassins Creed 4 is a nightmare, sometimes fps dropping down to 1 (or even minus if FRAPS could show it) and sometimes smooth 30+ fps
- - - Updated - - -

Only Hamara Baharat Mahaan SBI Debit Card :(

forget it then c:.

Top Bottom