Upgrading from XP to Win 7/8 - Suggestion

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Finally, installed Windows 7 32-bit.

Initial observation:
1. Everything was working fine even before I install drivers of motherboard. Seems like I don't need my motherboard CD now.
* Screen resolution set
* Audio/sound works
* LAN/internet is working
2. Booting is slower than Win XP.

gameranand

Living to Play
Finally, installed Windows 7 32-bit.

Initial observation:
1. Everything was working fine even before I install drivers of motherboard. Seems like I don't need my motherboard CD now.
* Screen resolution set
* Audio/sound works
* LAN/internet is working
2. Booting is slower than Win XP.

Thats weird. Win 7 is faster than Win XP.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes :D Hardware is same.

In XP it took 30 seconds to land on log on page, now it takes about 48 seconds. I am yet to install the software I use, even now it takes about a minute and 50 seconds to load everything and ready for the user to use. It's much longer than XP.

Now I am reading askvg master tutorial to make win 7 perform faster. Lets see whether that helps...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
The tweak doesn't make a significant difference in boot speed. Still it takes long (but less longer than before) to boot.

Now every time I restart or start my PC, this flag appears "Install your power management system driver". I follow the link suggested and downloaded and installed. But again it keeps on flagging after restarting or when starting. What's the deal here? Should I ignore this flagging?

I googled to try to find a solution but couldn't.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
I think there might be a compatibility problem as the mobo manufacturer might not have drivers for Windows 8. I'm sure there has to be some workaround. In case things don't seem good but everything else runs fine, the notification will have to be manually turned off

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Yes :D Hardware is same.

In XP it took 30 seconds to land on log on page, now it takes about 48 seconds. I am yet to install the software I use, even now it takes about a minute and 50 seconds to load everything and ready for the user to use. It's much longer than XP.

Now I am reading askvg master tutorial to make win 7 perform faster. Lets see whether that helps...

Try installing INF update for 945 series motherboards from Intel's site.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
lywyre,
Windows says it's up to date. I checked intel site, and run the update driver utility.
It says there is an newer update available (INF), so I downloaded and installed. It couldn't recognize few of the hardware like audio, LAN....

Kickass,
It's Windows 7. I didn't install any driver software. The OS itself installed everything. You think the one installed might not be compatible?

Baiju, Windows installed it.

dabster

In the zone
1. check in device manager that none of the devices show up as not recognized including power manager.
2. defrag the drive - have seen that after new install and lot other initial driver installs drive does fragment. slow bootups are at times from fragmented and un-optimized partitions.

Top Bottom