Upgrading from Phenom II X6 1055T, need advice

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
try underclocking and see what the voltage is.
but how is that cpu working with bent pins?:lol:
also use hwinfo. sometimes the values from sensors may not be that accurate. confirm the same within bios also.

OP
dharmil007

dharmil007

Journeyman
try underclocking and see what the voltage is.
but how is that cpu working with bent pins?:lol:
also use hwinfo. sometimes the values from sensors may not be that accurate. confirm the same within bios also.
I was very tensed when the pics were bended
With my hands i made the pins straight. I thought it to be very difficult task but it was fairly simple.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Your current processor is a very capable one. You could buy a new compatible mother board and try disabling a couple or triple of your cores. I have enabled only two of the cores (mb: Gigabyte GA880GM-USB3). It is good enough for casual gaming. You could try getting a better CPU cooler.

OP
dharmil007

dharmil007

Journeyman
Your current processor is a very capable one. You could buy a new compatible mother board and try disabling a couple or triple of your cores. I have enabled only two of the cores (mb: Gigabyte GA880GM-USB3). It is good enough for casual gaming. You could try getting a better CPU cooler.

U have the Same CPU ?
I cannot disable the Cores from BIOS.
Any good CPU Cooler u recommend ?

Is it fine if i update my BIOS ?

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
U have the Same CPU ?
I cannot disable the Cores from BIOS.
Any good CPU Cooler u recommend ?

Is it fine if i update my BIOS ?

Yes, I have the same processor :)
Not all Motherboards have the feature of disabling the cores. However, You could also disable/enable cores from msconfig.

1. Run msconfig
2. Select Boot Tab
3. Click on Advanced Options
4. Enable the Number of Processors checkbox
5. Select a number and save, Restart

I am only using the stock cooler, it is noisy as hell. But I did use a *www.flipkart.com/deepcool-gamma-ar...=b_2&ref=ed66ab76-c432-4b45-9410-69ebe93dabbe breifly, which was better than the stock and very silent (cost me Rs.499/0).

There should better ones too.

Top Bottom