Upgrade suggestion

Minion

Conversation Architect
So I am back to Ryzen 2600x again.

I shall surely ensure that I buy a cx SMPS.

Now the only question remain is whether to go for x370 or newer x470 boards. It also appears that 1030 is the only GPU option in my budget or I can keep on using my old stone age 4700. What do you think? @rijinpk1

Good choice you don't have to spend on CPU cooler by going with AMD also it has 12 threads but my suggestion for CPU would be 2600 non x version

PSU Get this CORSAIR SMPS CX650M - 650 WATT 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFICATION SEMI MODULAR PSU WITH ACTIVE PFC

Motherboard Get this GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING Motherboard (Amd Socket AM4/Ryzen Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-3200MHz Memory)

Case CORSAIR MID TOWER CABINET (ATX) - SPEC-ALPHA WITH TRANSPARENT SIDE PANEL (WHITE/RED)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Why waste money on Spec Alpha if it is not offering anything worthy(aka 3 3.5" bays a waste of space,max cpu cooler height 156mm found in much cheaper cabinets).Deepcool tesseract is much better & is available at a lower price(@op is in kolkata so won't even have to pay shipping charges for overclockerszone purchase).

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Good choice you don't have to spend on CPU cooler by going with AMD also it has 12 threads but my suggestion for CPU would be 2600 non x version

As I am not going to overclock, I decided to go for this one having a higher clock speed.

PSU Get this CORSAIR SMPS CX650M - 650 WATT 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFICATION SEMI MODULAR PSU WITH ACTIVE PFC
*mdcomputers.in/corsair-cx650m-80-plus-bronze-semi-modular-cp-9020103-uk.html

Sure, thank you for suggesting. Though I was thinking about 550W.

Motherboard Get this GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING Motherboard (Amd Socket AM4/Ryzen Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-3200MHz Memory)
*mdcomputers.in/gigabyte-x470-aorus-ultra-gaming-rev-1-0.html

Not available. It seems that I have to settle for x370 board which would save me nearly 5k. I have checked yesterday. The available board is ASUS Rog Strix x470-F, which costs 15k.

Case CORSAIR MID TOWER CABINET (ATX) - SPEC-ALPHA WITH TRANSPARENT SIDE PANEL (WHITE/RED)

I'll surely check.

Thank you for your replies and help.

Minion

Conversation Architect
As I am not going to overclock, I decided to go for this one having a higher clock speed.

Sure, thank you for suggesting. Though I was thinking about 550W.

Not available. It seems that I have to settle for x370 board which would save me nearly 5k. I have checked yesterday. The available board is ASUS Rog Strix x470-F, which costs 15k.

I'll surely check.

Thank you for your replies and help.

Higher clock speed helps doesn't helps much performance difference between these two is minor and spending 3k more is not worth it better save it and spend somewhere else
Read this
Ryzen 5 2600X vs. 2600: Which should you buy?

Price difference is minor between 650 and 550 but with 650 you can install more powerful graphics card

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME X370-PRO Motherboard (Amd Socket AM4/Ryzen Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-3200MHz Memory)

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Friends

Finally, I am going to take delivery of the following components tomorrow:

Ryzen 2600x
Gigabyte AT-AX370 Gaming K3
Corsair Vengence 2x8GB 3000MHz
Corsair CX 550W SMPS
Deepcool case (most probably)

The delay caused is due to unavailability of X370 motherboards in the market and insanely high price of X470. For last two days, I kept searching for ASUS Prime X370 Pro, but none are available.

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Hello friends

At last, the computer is up and running.

I bought the following:

• Ryzen 2600x
  • Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming K3
  • Corsair Vengence LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz
  • Corsair CX650W
  • CM K380
  • Kingston 120GB SSD
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1050Ti

Why did I finally choose the above:

1. Processor: Ryzen 2600x provides the best value for money for my work. I could go for i7 for higher cost, but the iGPU would not have been enough for my future use, and a discrete GPU would come necessary. Moreover, I would require a cooler separately for i7, and an equivalent to the supplied Wraith cooler would cost me substantially. Secondly, 2600x excels in multitasking and though Ps does not use cores much, the plugins do. So I do expect to get a better performance out of 2600x for the money I paid.
  2. Motherboard: X470 does offer some extra features compared to X370, but those did not seem important for my line of work. So I settled on this board which came way cheaper than X470.
  3. RAM: Paid a little extra for the dual channel, but as my focus was on performance, I felt it was a good choice. Thank you for your suggestions. The MB BIOS needed to be tweaked a little, and voila, the RAM modules are running at 3000MHz FSB.
  4. SMPS: I could save some money on buying 550W, but the difference was not that much, so decided to opt for higher wattage to future proof as much as possible.
  5. Case: There was none other available at this price point and I was not interested to invest more in a case. Overall, the case is not that bad for the price I paid.
  6. SSD: It was kind of an impromptu decision. Settled for 120GB as this was the cheapest and enough for my OS and other common files that various other software stores on C drive. I do expect that the OS is going to run a bit faster.
  7. GPU: Obviously I went way over my budget with this. My old card did not work with this new machine, so I at the beginning I settled for a cheap Zotac 730. Later, after going through a lot of comments and reviews (and after constant "argumentive discussion" with my son), I decided to return that and buy a new one. I was having 1030 in mind and on my way to the shop read more on this matter. At the shop, we also went through few Radeon cards, but as I never found anything enthusiastic about Radeon cards on the net, we decided to go for nVidia. Then again, future proofing took a toll on my budget and I bit the bullet buying 1050Ti.
I know my configuration is not ideal and would not make many members here happy, but this was the best I could figure out after being actively helped by members here.

Thank you again, @SaiyanGoku @whitestar_999 and all others for helping me out.

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
congrats and:) do share the prices you got them for.
Thank you. Please refer to a previous post where I have mentioned all the prices. The SSD cost was 2200/-+tax and the GPU 16000/- (including tax). The motherboard was 8400/-+Tax. :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well any ssd is better than hdd but I would rather prefer saving 3k & buying samsung evo 860 250gb ssd 2-3 months later as it is much better than WD green series.May be for future reference this will help if you decide to buy another ssd.

Top Bottom