Upgrade Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
Was waiting eagerly for Dell Studio XPS and after finding out about it felt disappointed :(. So upgrading my old PC. My PC Config is AMD 1.8 GHz, 512 DDR Ram and running XP on it.

For RAM i have decided to upgrade from 512 MB Ram to 1.5 GB Ram. The price for 1 GB Ram is 1.35 K and i just have to decide on the brand Hynix/Dynet. Which of the two is better?

For Graphics card i am having two options.
1. 512 MB DDR Zebronics 6600GT - Rs. 3K (Used, but 2 and half years warranty left, dealer ready to provide bill):)
2. 256 MB 6200 - Rs. 2.4K (Brand New)

Please suggest me what should i go for i both the cases. I have to take the decision by Monday morning.

spidy333

Broken In
^Why are you disappointed by Dell XPS desktop.. I think its the best possible anyone can get if they want Core i7 and want to be away from future upgrades for some 5-6 yrs..

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Prefer hynix over dynet. And a 6600gt. I would advise you to get a core2duo processor and a new motherboard + ram. The ddr2 1 GB ram are for just 500.

OP
sachin_kothari

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
I dont want to spend a lot on upgrades. I just want the upgrades for a temporary period for say 6 months. I will eventually be upgrading to Laptop.

Edit: Also let me know if the price of the card is reasonable. I dont know what is the cost of new card in the market.

Last edited:
OP
sachin_kothari

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
I thought the price of the card is too high considering it as Second Hand. So ditched it and bought brand new PixelView 6600LE 128 MB for 1650 INR. Also bought Hynix 1 GB RAM for 1350 INR. System is running cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom