Upgrade of old I5 to Ryzen 3600

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Vedanta Computers is super fast in shipping. RAMs delivered yesterday. Motherboard may reach by Monday. Processor is travelling from Bhiwandi, Maharashtra to Delhi currently.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Today I got Ryzen 3600 processor. Installed every thing. Corsair spec 01 is a bit small for the Mobo Asrock b450 Pro4 as the cpu power cable from psu has to cross whole mobo to reach the 6 pin header. It can't reach to the point if moved back side of cabinet.
So the pc booted form the old hard drive after some time( I had to go to bios menu and just did save and exit) and window done something form 0 % to 100 %.
But at bios the RAM is showing running at 26xx speed.
Next time I changed the xmp 2.0 to 3200 mhz.
But it should use the RAM modules at 3200 mhz by default as ryzen 3 3600 supports 3200mhz Ram.

What I had to change at bios to run RAM at default speed of 3200 mhz.

And what I need to change at bios orr windows to use ryzen 3200 at fullest.
Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Install Ryzen master *www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

Just because ryzen 3xxx supports 3200MHz ram doesn't mean all rams on any mobo can achieve 3200MHz with ryzen 3xxx.This is where the permutation-combination of ram model/mobo model/bios version comes into play. If you have already set xmp to 3200MHz then whatever speed ram is running at is the best it can achieve with auto overclocking option with the current bios version.To run it faster you will have to manually overclock it which is not really worth the hassle unless you know exactly why you want it.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Today I got Ryzen 3600 processor. Installed every thing. Corsair spec 01 is a bit small for the Mobo Asrock b450 Pro4 as the cpu power cable from psu has to cross whole mobo to reach the 6 pin header. It can't reach to the point if moved back side of cabinet.
So the pc booted form the old hard drive after some time( I had to go to bios menu and just did save and exit) and window done something form 0 % to 100 %.
But at bios the RAM is showing running at 26xx speed.
Next time I changed the xmp 2.0 to 3200 mhz.
But it should use the RAM modules at 3200 mhz by default as ryzen 3 3600 supports 3200mhz Ram.

What I had to change at bios to run RAM at default speed of 3200 mhz.

And what I need to change at bios orr windows to use ryzen 3200 at fullest.
Thanks

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Install Ryzen master *www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

Just because ryzen 3xxx supports 3200MHz ram doesn't mean all rams on any mobo can achieve 3200MHz with ryzen 3xxx.This is where the permutation-combination of ram model/mobo model/bios version comes into play. If you have already set xmp to 3200MHz then whatever speed ram is running at is the best it can achieve with auto overclocking option with the current bios version.To run it faster you will have to manually overclock it which is not really worth the hassle unless you know exactly why you want it.
So what's the use of 3200 mhz Ram if it detects lower. Shouldn't one should buy lower speed ram and play safe.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
this is the temperature of cpu As per Bios, after 1.30 hour of pubg emulator. Are these ok. ( Iguess so).
Its extremely cold here these days. IMG_20191219_202612.jpg

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
I haven't installed any drivers yet. Do i have to install chipset drivers as O used to do with Intel cpus?
And from where.
I only installed realtek audio and lan drivers. And it removed my audio manager. Although sound is working fine.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
this is the temperature of cpu As per Bios,
Use HwInfo64 or HwMonitor for this. Bios won't be able to read max/min temperatures during load.
I haven't installed any drivers yet. Do i have to install chipset drivers as O used to do with Intel cpus?
And from where.
Get all from motherboard manufacturer's site and install them. Don't use default drivers from windows.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
And from where.
I only installed realtek audio and lan drivers. And it removed my audio manager. Although sound is working fine.
Install all drivers from the motherboards website because there will be the latest drivers.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So what's the use of 3200 mhz Ram if it detects lower. Shouldn't one should buy lower speed ram and play safe.
Lower speed ram will take much more effort to run at higher speed & may even be impossible to run at higher speed. Higher speed ram running at lower speed will always have much more chances of running at even higher speed after some tweaking/bios update. In any case price difference between adata 3200MHz & 3000MHz ram is negligible while 2400MHz is a big no nowadays so it doesn't really matter.

3200MHz RAM is faster, can't argue that. I think X570 should by default use 3200MHz w/o issue (probably). Anyways by setting XMP, you are now running it at 3200MHz, no need to worry as you bought a 3200MHz RAM. Intel only supports 2666MHz by default, still I asked my friend to buy a 3200MHz RAM for his i9 build, helped him set it to 3200MHz. You can actually manually OC the RAM further, but as it was said earlier, not worth the effort. 3200MHz is a good sweet spot between price & performance right now.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Create a microsoft account anyway as it comes in handy in certain situations.
I was having a ms account. After changing motherboard and cpu, I am getting an activation error "Windows not activated".
And when trying to log into windows account through activation troubleshooting, its logging in first time but then its asking for password another time and then this error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom