Technomancer
Friends,

Current configuration :
Intel 3rd gen I5 3570
8gb ddr3 ram
Nvidia GTX 1660 gfx card
Corsair vs550 psu
256 gb hard drive.
Corsair cabinet with glass one side and one red fan. (spec 1 i guess)

Wishing to upgrade this pc. My main work.
Photoshop cc2018
Lightroom cc2017
Adobe Bridge.
Tencent emulator for pubg mobile and call of duty.

Please suggest an upgrade within budget of 25k including Amd ryzen 3600 processor.
Mainly motherboard and Ram for Now.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
AMD Gaming RIG (GTX 1660) Existing

Budget -35K

AMD Ryzen 5 3500 -11k
Asrock B450M Steel Legend -7.4k
ADATA XPG Spectrix D41 RGB 16GB(8GBx2) 3200Mhz DDR4 -8.1
Antec Neo ECO Series 550W (NE550M) -3.9k
Crucial P1 500GB M.2 NVME SSD -4.6
Total -35k

All above components prices are taken from Computer Parts, Gaming accessories,Gaming Laptops, Electronics, and More - theitdepot.com
Sell of all the components including HDD, MB, PSU, CPU, RAM and you might get 9k with these.So have put 35k as the budget.
BTW what monitor are you using right now?

PS: never buy VS Series of Corsair as these are for the cheaper asian markets and might cause damage if used with heavy load for longer periods of time.

Last edited:
OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Currently I am using annold AOC monitor 22.5 inch. Working fine and I know what its showing on screen and what will be in print so not thinking of changing it.
Corsair PSU is working fine for me form last years. Will upgrade /change it later in few months may be.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do not buy asrock steel legend unless you can confirm that it works with ryzen 3xxx(some member here(I think) couldn't get it to work with ryzen 3600,may be the situation is changed now but who knows) but another member here is running his asrock B450 pro 4 fine with ryzen 3600.Avoid MSI mobos for ryzen 3xxx(not just issues but mainly because of their poor after sales support,another member here recently bought MSI B450 tomahawk max mobo & regretted dealing with msi rma after he needed support just after buying mobo).

For psu go with Corsair CX550/650,best budget psu at their price.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks bssunilreddy and whitestar for replies.
Any option with onboard wifi. And by default support for ryzen 5 without need of bios flash.

Thanks bssunilreddy and whitestar for replies.
Any option with onboard wifi. And by default support for ryzen 5 without need of bios flash.
You would have to buy X570 mobo which costs 15k for native Ryzen 3rd gen support. Better just get a USB dongle for wifi & plug it at one of the USB ports on motherboard than finding a mobo with WiFi. Its not like you will be using a 1Gbps connection (hopefully?), so USB ones will be fine.

I'd recommend AsRock B450 Pro4 as well, as it is go to budget B450 for Ryzen 3rd gen these days, or wait for B550 mobos, maybe Nov launch. For PSU, VS is not good for a powerful PC like yours, don't skimp on PSU with an expensive rig. CX550 is a great budget option as said earlier.

For 25k, you might have to drop down to R5 3500.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks anupam,

I will wait for 550 mother boards.
I found this mother board with wifi. How is it. How you find which mobo is good orr bad.
Buy Gigabyte B450M DS3H WiFi at Best Price in India - mdcomputers.in

I read somewhere that motherboards ending with max (MSI ones) are ryzen 5 ready.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks anupam,

I found this mother board with wifi. How is it. How you find which mobo is good orr bad.

I read somewhere that motherboards ending with max (MSI ones) are ryzen 5 ready.
See for yourself this mobo tier,asrock b450 pro 4 is much better. *i.redd.it/7n48gewun0p21.png

MSI mobos ending with MAX are indeed ryzen 3xxx ready out of the box but MSI has poor rma support in India so if you are unlucky enough to need their after sales support during warranty period then you might regret your decision of buying msi mobo.

Thanks anupam,

It is decent but since R5 3600 is pretty powerful CPU with high power draw, better to have a motherboard with better quality voltage regulators, which the AsRock one has.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
It is decent but since R5 3600 is pretty powerful CPU with high power draw, better to have a motherboard with better quality voltage regulators, which the AsRock one has.

Buildzoid review of best mobos for Ryzen 3xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
4 Best Motherboards for Ryzen 5 3600 Builds in 2019 | PremiumBuilds
Best Motherboards for AMD Ryzen 3000 CPUs: Ryzen 5 3600 & Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboards
Better to avoid MSI as said earlier by whitestar. Not only India, even US had MSI after-sales horror stories. Most likely the high amount of complaints with Ryzen 3rd gen is the reason.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Read the description of the above YT Video:
And what difference would that make. I know MSI has some of the best mobos for ryzen but what good is that if you also get one of the worst after sales support. MSI rma centre guys actually bent the pins of the ryzen processor given to them for testing by a member here recently & then sent the processor to gigabyte service centre to get the bent pins corrected(& I have read something similar happened to a guy at MSI delhi service centre too on reddit).

@toofan MSI mobos are indeed good but buy them only if you think you will not be unlucky enough to need their after sales support within 3 years of warranty.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Poor internet, didn't even open that video, just the links
Buildzoid is considered the point man when taking into account VRM count and cooling heatsinks for the VRMs.

Nowadays almost every manufacturer uses doubling method on their VRMs and advertise as using 12 phase VRM while they are actually using 4+2 phase VRM.

So Buildzoid like people give their honest opinions so that we end users can utilise them and make a fair choice in buying mobos where ultimately it's us who will get affected if Mobo might not function well.

And after market service also reflects end users opinions of course.

But because of people like Buildzoid we can make consious decisions.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buildzoid is an extreme overclocker though so his videos are good but not an absolute guide for a typical user.In India,for example,MSI mobos are not a good choice for someone buying ryzen 3600 & only planning on doing a moderate overclock/no overclock for which asrock B450 pro 4 or even asus tuf b450m pro gaming would do just fine.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks Friends, I guess currently asrock b450 pro seems better choice.

I had found this mobo with wifi..
Gigabyte b450m ds3h for 6900

How is it

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

How is it

Good choice
But find out about after market service or about RMA.

Even Asrock boards are good but their service is bad. Their bioses are crude though.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

nac

Aspiring Novelist
If you're thinking about pairing it with Ryzen 3600 I would say no to Gigabyte B450 boards.
I get that almost all good B450 boards are not available or overpriced. Since you have working PC and ready to wait for B550, I would say either wait for new stock of B450 boards, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom