Upgrade my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECE0105

In the zone
I need help with the Upgradation of my PC

I'm interested in buying an AMD Athlon 64 with MOBO & RAM. I have a samsung 5400rpm P-ATA HDD. Do I need to change the HDD to SATA?

I'm a casual gamer and I would like to RIP DVD's using the new system.

The only thing I have decided is to have 1Gb of DDR 400 RAM.

Please tell me the best config of Processor & MOBO (With PCIe support). I live in Hyderabad & having enquired at various Hardware dealerships, I have found the prices of the dealer recommended config.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (939 pin) : Rs. 5,050/-
MOBO : MSI RS480M2 : Rs. 4,650/-
RAM : 1Gb DDR400 : Rs. 2,900/- (Mfr. was not specified).
CABINET : Mercury/Zebronics: Rs. 850/- (with 400W supply).
HDD : 160Gb SATA : Rs. 4,300/-
-------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL : Rs. 17,750/-
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think that is the config I should go for, Also what is the Price Diff btw the Athlon 64 & Athlon 64FX ?
which is the better one?
I had just been to the AMD website & there was another processor called Athlon 64+X2, which is a dual core processor. Is this processor available in India?
Also would it be cheaper to get my system in hyderabad or should it be chennai?
I have heard that AMD were the cheapest in Chennai.
Please advice.

anilthomas26

In the zone
"AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (939 pin) : Rs. 5,050/-"
"1Gb DDR400 : Rs. 2,900/-"........
Its relly Amazing.......
Are they used components?...Wats the company of the RAM

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
thanx

Thans for the post who said the prices quted by thread initiator were wrong. In fact i was cursing myself for making the haste of buying my system with amd 64 bit 3000+ for atnd 7K in march and when i read the first post of 5500 for amd 3200+ i my heart sunk and i started cursing but was realived to read the next few post. I also doubt the price of MSI RS480 mobo price have it come down so low-(4500). :shock:

ECE0105 said:
I have a samsung 5400rpm P-ATA HDD. Do I need to change the HDD to SATA?

NO. Just don't use it as your primary. Use the newer/faster one instead. You can use the older one for data storage. Don't install OS or apps on it.

You can set the priority of the drives in the BIOS - not not the boot priority, don't remember what it's called.

-Keith

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
I checked the prices at around 20 shops which are located in Chenoy Trade Centre at SECUNDERABAD.

The max. price quoted for the Processor was Rs. 5800/- and the price I had specified i.e. Rs. 5050/- was the least I got.

I was even told that prices would further drop once Pentium 4 Extreme Edition was released. These prices correspond to last week.

I only got the MOBO price Wrong.

The price given is for the MSI Neo3(I frankly don't know much about this).

The Actual price for the MSI RS480 is Rs. 5450/-

Ringwraith

Journeyman
:O seriously i dunno whether this is good newz or bad! i m gonna buy a new comp in a few days, and i m in the same city as u ECE105!

Note: I m not sure abt how genuine these products are! ne1 having ne other ideas ?

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
Why don't u check it out Mr. Ringwraith. I don't think u get too many secong hand parts at CTC.
any way if u have more info pls update me on it

harshagarwal

Journeyman
hey the Amd 64 3200+ cant be for so low,inquired the prices just 10 days ago and the processor was for arnd 9k-9.5k at lamington rd.

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
I understand your apprehension but thats the way it is.

Members who have replied to this post are from Mumbai / Kolkatta, where the taxes are high as compared to Hyderabad. So, there are bound to be differences in the prices & like I said the prices I quoted were the "least".
A few dealers quoted around Rs. 6000/- and odd, this is marginally less than the price of the processor in mumbai where it is around Rs. 6500/-
(The price given in DIgit was Rs. 7000/- which is with taxes).
In Hyderabad, the sales tax being collected is just around 0.2% and there are no other taxes. Whereas in other places it is as high as 5%. I got this info from an aquaintance who has a dealership in CTC. So, U can see that the prices are of Brand new goods and not Secondhand/refabricated products.

I had also specified that I do not know the Brand of RAM being offered. So, please tell give me details about the best brand.

So, Mr. Ringwraith. " HAPPY SHOPPING"

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
Im sorry to cut short your enthusiasm Mr. Ringwraith. But unfortunately, the top of the line Processor available at CTC is the Athlon 64 3200+ and even this was not available at all the dealers. The most popular was the Athlon 64 3000+. So, please check all your options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom