Upgrade Help

daemon1

Journeyman
Looking to upgrade my system, so anything which can be reused I will do, I take it that Proc, MB, GPU, RAM are minimum requirement. My current setup is AMD 8320 with asus MB

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Casual gaming for COD and NFS

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Havent decided but looking for value for money, for ex ryzen 5 and its combination

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: NA, I already have SSD and HDD will be using from my old computer

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Already have Benq 24, fullhd

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HDD, Monitor, KB and Mouse, Anything which can be reused without impacting the new setup

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: June 2020

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, will do it myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Looking for online only due to current situation

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Looking for wifi and bluetooth so thats mandaotry in MB

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Casual gaming for COD and NFS
Which COD and NFS games? There are old ones which would run smoothly on an iGPU but new ones require decent GPU for good experience.

Don't go for a mobo just because it has wifi and bluetooth.

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
Which COD and NFS games? There are old ones which would run smoothly on an iGPU but new ones require decent GPU for good experience.
All latest and upcoming (Modern warfare, BO4 etc )
Don't go for a mobo just because it has wifi and bluetooth.
I am looking for good MB with those features

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am looking for good MB with those features
Why? I mean there are good mobos without bluetooth & wifi & you can always buy usb adapters for these which will not only be portable in size but also versatile in the sense you can use them across multiple devices. Take current lockdown situation for example, my laptop wifi was not working properly but I had a spare usb wifi adapter from my desktop(I got a new better one for my desktop years ago) so I used that for my laptop as an alternative wifi.

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
Why? I mean there are good mobos without bluetooth & wifi & you can always buy usb adapters for these which will not only be portable in size but also versatile in the sense you can use them across multiple devices. Take current lockdown situation for example, my laptop wifi was not working properly but I had a spare usb wifi adapter from my desktop(I got a new better one for my desktop years ago) so I used that for my laptop as an alternative wifi.
Does it mean that MB which are giving these features are not good as compare to those aren't? I am asking because of genuine lack of understanding. I understand I would be paying some price for these features but Im fine with that.

I already have all type of dongles and really want to get rid of them. Using it as a backup is fine, that is what I want to do.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Does it mean that MB which are giving these features are not good as compare to those aren't? I am asking because of genuine lack of understanding. I understand I would be paying some price for these features but Im fine with that.

I already have all type of dongles and really want to get rid of them. Using it as a backup is fine, that is what I want to do.
No, usually those boards are priced higher than a comparable board + PCI adapter.

There are BT & WiFi dongles, don't buy MB based on the presence of WiFi.

Also, what's your monitor specs? Its resolution & refresh rate.

There's more to a MB than its "features". In simple terms, like MP of a camera doesn't define its quality, its kind of similar stuff here. Major parameter people consider is VRM quality. Also, brand & other common issues with a MB, if any, are other important parameters to consider.

75k rig w/o monitor, HDD & SSD:

CPU - AMD R5 3600 - 15.5k

Mobo - AsRock B450 Pro4 - 7k*

RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 3600MHz - 7k

GPU - Zotac RTX 2060 - 25k

M.2 SSD - WD SN550 500GB - 6k**

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB - 3k

PSU - Corsair TX650M - 7.4k

Cabinet - Antec NX800 or other mid tower ATX - 6.3k

Monitor - Acer Nitro VG270P 27″ 1080p 144Hz IPS Freesync - 19k

Total - 68.2k

I feel its time to retire your old PSU & maybe even the cabinet.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -75k (AMD Gaming Rig) RTX 2060 Super

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 3600 -16.3k
Motherboard -MSi B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC -11.3k
RAM -G.Skill SniperX 16GB(8GBx2) 3600Mhz -7.3k
Power Supply -Antec NE600G Zen Neo Eco Gold -5.5k
GPU -Zotac Gaming RTX 2060 Super Mini -31.6k
Cabinet -Antec GX202 Blue -3k

Total -75K

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman

Total -75K
From which site you have shared this price. I do not see these prices in Amazon or mdcomputers. RTX 2060 Super Mini start at 35, Ryzen 5 at 17 etc.

From which site you have shared this price. I do not see these prices in Amazon or mdcomputers. RTX 2060 Super Mini start at 35, Ryzen 5 at 17 etc.
Other than mdcomputers, check primeabgb, vedantcomputers & theitdepot. Amazon is usually more expensive.

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
Is it worth upgrading monitor? My current monitor is BenQ RL2455HM gaming monitor.

Also, are M.2 Internal Solid State Drive worth buying and its price?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only if you currently have cheapest ssd model & even then I would not suggest it simply because current ssd prices are increased by as much as 40% compared to last year when I might have suggested it.

P.S. m2 ssd are of two types: m2 sata(which is basically just your regular 2.5" ssd without the external covering) & m2 NVMe which is faster & the one to get but difference between a good sata 2.5" ssd like samsung 860 evo or crucial mx500 & cheaper NVMe models is practically negligible for typical user/usage scenario.

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman

Total -75K
Looking at this post: RTX 2060 Super or RTX 2070 Super for mid/high 4K gaming?
I see 5700 is better then 2060S, Any reason not to go for AMD? cost is also equal if not less.
*www.primeabgb.com/?post_type=product&taxonomy=product_cat&s=rx+5700
*www.vedantcomputers.com/products/g...60 SUPER/sort=p.sort_order/order=ASC/limit=12

Is it worth upgrading monitor? My current monitor is BenQ RL2455HM gaming monitor.

You can get 1080p 144Hz IPS display at 15k these days, so a nice upgrade if you can spend extra, otherwise your 1080p 75Hz TN is fine.

M.2 NVMe SSD prices are increasing, so better wait it out if you have a decent SSD already.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
M.2 NVMe SSD prices are increasing, so better wait it out if you have a decent SSD already.
Not just nvme, all ssd prices have increased by as much as 40%. In fact the 120gb kingston A400 which used to sell for ~1500 now cost 2500 which is almost 67% increase!!

Top Bottom