Upgrade from Moto G (1st Gen)

meetdenis

Broken In
Hi,

I am using a Moto G 1st Gen bought in Feb 2014.

I am looking for recommendations for an upgrade. My budget is 12-13k. Preferably, Moto or Lenovo

Key requirements
- should have stock Android
- smaller the screen size the better (used to the 4.5" screen)
- high pixel density
- high battery life

Good to have
- above average camera
- gaming

OP
M

meetdenis

Broken In
Here you go:

1. Budget?
12-13k

2. Display type and size?
<= 5.5" high ppi density

3. Dual sim?
not needed

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Moto or Lenovo

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Flash yes, front facing yes

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android. Should have stock Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
4G ready, yes

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Internet, movies, streaming

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Moto G5S

10. Any other info that you want to share
Must have high battery.
Also, must automatically mirror the pics taken from front camera

Consider zenfone max pro m1
Does it have stock Android?

Minion

Conversation Architect
@OP if you want a phone with large battery then RN5 pro is best option, it will be available within your budget after card discount on flipkart on 16th july during offer

OP
M

meetdenis

Broken In
Redmi Note 5 Pro (Black, 64 GB) Online at Best Price Only On Flipkart.com
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (Black, 32 GB) Online at Best Price Only On Flipkart.com
The redmi is sold out currently and the Asus is not available.

Also, I know Moto is not the Moto it used to be (Lenovo indeed did a good job of screwing it :emoji_angry:), but I am looking for a phone which will last me 3-4 years at least. And Moto phones are known to be that long lasting. Or has that also changed? :emoji_confounded:

Besides, my budget is very tight. On FlipKart, I am getting a buyback of 2500 for my current phone on buying G6 Play, which effectively makes it <10k for me.

Minion

Conversation Architect
The redmi is sold out currently and the Asus is not available.

Also, I know Moto is not the Moto it used to be (Lenovo indeed did a good job of screwing it :emoji_angry:), but I am looking for a phone which will last me 3-4 years at least. And Moto phones are known to be that long lasting. Or has that also changed? :emoji_confounded:

Besides, my budget is very tight. On FlipKart, I am getting a buyback of 2500 for my current phone on buying G6 Play, which effectively makes it <10k for me.

Moto G6 Play is garbage if you are tight budget then either get Moto G5S or honor 9 lite(3GB version) or even zenfone 3
*www.amazon.in/Asus-Zenfone-White-3...UTF8&qid=1531843129&sr=1-1&keywords=zenfone+3

*www.amazon.in/Moto-Plus-Lunar-Grey...s&ie=UTF8&qid=1531843168&sr=1-3&keywords=moto

Honor 9 Lite (Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue, 32 GB) Online at Best Price with Great Offers Only On Flipkart.com

Among these three zenfone 3 has best camera and is running Oreo but battery is bit lower around 2600Mah but I am getting 6-7 hrs of SOT on this phone with mixed usage

Moto G5S if you want metal build phone and want near stock android

Honor 9 lite if you want a beautiful looking phone

Last edited:
Top Bottom