Upgradation of Mobile from Samsung S20 Fe

Baker

Albicelestes
I am planning to upgrade my 3 year old Samsung s20 fe , is it a good time to purchase or can I wait for 1-2 months to get some good offers during the dussera time..?

1. Budget?
50-55k

2. Display type and size?
- Any.

3. Dual sim?
- Yes

4. Preferred choice of brand?
-Any brand

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
- Any

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc).
- Android.

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi).
- 5G

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
- Must be good in camera

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
- Nothing

10. Any other info that you want to share
NA

Wait till Durga Puja sales which has the biggest sales of the year (Big Billion Day or Great Indian Shopping Festival). Get S23 256GB IMO.

For me, the only upgrade from S20FE 5G in the market is S23 & that too because it is a compact phone. My phone is still snappy, pics are still as good as any other 40k phone like OP12R. Sure battery is old but I can replace it. Also, S23 indeed has a better performance, better cameras & will get OS updates till Android 17, but not like it will be a night & day difference.

If you like big phones, can consider OP12. The charging speed is surely a big improvement over S20FE or even S24U for that matter.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
I am fine with bigger ones. For some reason i am not that happy with images captured with s20 fe. Thats the major upgrade i am expecting with this upgrade

I am fine with bigger ones. For some reason i am not that happy with images captured with s20 fe. Thats the major upgrade i am expecting with this upgrade
Something like S24U is a bit better but most others aren't. I compared it against OP11R last year, primary cam performance was similar, selfie was superior on OP but ultrawide & tele were better on S20FE.

If selfie cam upgrade is what you want, you won't be disappointed, but for rear cams, don't expect major improvement even on OP12.

Any idea about iqoo12 , seeing good reviews.
Why buy that when OP12 exists? You get 4 OS updates on OP12 vs 2-3 on iQoo. Also OP is a premium brand among BBK's line up (oppo, vivo, OP, realme, iQoo).

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
Op12 right now is around 65k. Its actually bit ourlt of my budget. But question is whats the advanatage i will get over s20fe in op12 after spending hefty

Op12 right now is around 65k. Its actually bit ourlt of my budget. But question is whats the advanatage i will get over s20fe in op12 after spending hefty
If you check price history, OP12 was 60k during sales & with card offers was close to 55k. I expect lower prices in Durga Puja sale.

Moving from S20FE to even S24U won't give you a night & day difference in experience for daily usage, that is the reality of smartphones right now. OP12's only major advantage will be the battery charging speed, it is much faster. Sure everything else will be better as well, performance, cameras, battery, new android updates, etc. Software exp might subjectively be worse as it is a personal preference. One UI is the best android UI for me.

I have used phones like S23U & S24U which my friends have, everything is slightly better but not worth paying 1 lakh for a new phone for me. Heck size is a con for me, so there's that as well.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
Thanks , will wait for Op12 in puja sales. By that time is there any chance of new models coming up in that price range..?

monkey

Padawan
I am too planning to upgrade my S20 FE but I will wait for S24 FE and Pixel 9 Pro and then decide on the value I get from my existing phone during the Sale season. I was able to get S23+ for 65k in the last season so I think its good idea to wait till Diwali...

I am too planning to upgrade my S20 FE but I will wait for S24 FE and Pixel 9 Pro and then decide on the value I get from my existing phone during the Sale season. I was able to get S23+ for 65k in the last season so I think its good idea to wait till Diwali...
S24FE has exynos, Pixel 9 pro has a worse performing exynos than S24's exynos.

Does Exynos matter if not gaming?
E2400 of S24 is much better than earlier but is still inferior to 8 Gen 3, heck I'd pick 8 Gen 2 over E2400.

Similarly E1480 of A55 is much better now vs earlier.

But problem is price you pay for these phones & availability of superior options. Forget performance, lower battery life & more heating are also concerns for Exynos but it is lower now vs 2023 exynos SoCs. For me, it is easy to recommend OP12 over Pixel 9 series & save money. For something superior, S24U exists, even S23U is great except for lower software support duration.

Top Bottom