Unique Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I have a HCL Ezeebee 8731 PC. It has got a Gigabyte mobo K8MV800M based on VIA K8M800 chipset with onboard graphics, AMD athlon 64 2800+ and two RAM sticks one 256 MB DDR 400 and one 128 MB DDR266. The above configuration was working fine for a year. Few days ago I got a problem. My PC stoped booting. What happened was that the HDD light continuosly glow when I power it and the nothing else happens no display no beep. Few days ago when the problem started the PC sometimes didn't detect the drives but only 1 out of 100 times. First I thought it was a SMPS problem because my old SMPS was just 200 Watt. So I bought a 450 Watt SMPS but styill my PC refused to boot. Then I opened my case and checked it, repluged each cable, even tried to switch it own without RAM, CPU and other drives. I even took out the board fro the case and tested it for any shot due to case but nothing happend. Then I left my PC for 2 days. After two days when I switched on my PC it started and POST appeared but then it haged after detecting the drives. Then again the same problem was there for the whole hay but some times the HDD led didn't glow. My BIOS screen appeared every day but only when it was switched on for the first time and then till the whole day no display. Then after a week I went to a computer stot to get my MoBo changed. But in the store my PC started to work without doing anything. And since that day it working fine. It has been 2 days since it started working. Can anybody tell me the reason for it.

Shrex

Right off the assembly line
Must Be Exorcism!
But as a word of precuation nxt time dis happens try booting wid a different hard disk just see whether it gets detected in bios...also get a new ide cable
as dust is a big cauze in such cases..

Shrex

Right off the assembly line
oye how cn u have ddr 400 and 266 together ?
nways r u gettin beeps
u aint getting display try connecting monitor to diff power source
if no beeps thts strange >>>

OP
nishant_nms

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Shrex said:
oye how cn u have ddr 400 and 266 together ?
nways r u gettin beeps
u aint getting display try connecting monitor to diff power source
if no beeps thts strange >>>
First of all the above configuration was running fine for a year. And now again it is working fine and I was not getting the beeps when the problem was there even when i had RAM installed or uninstalled. AND NOW MY PC IS WORKING FINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom