Unique / Interesting stuff thread

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Solimo wire pulling vegetable Chopper: Robot Check
*images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/814GgXpBvfL._SX679_.jpg
Buy this eyes closed. My mausi introduced this to mommy. Who bought several of these to give away. sis loves it too. Its a simple vegetable chopper that makes things soo easy. I made a few things during lockdown, just because chopping veges became so simple.

Rs. 280 . Get the 750ml ones. I have a smaller one and wish it was bigger.

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Vaccum Packing. If you have seen those compressed pillow, where the pillow is flat, but becomes fluffy after the bad is opened.
This is like that, for packing stuff:

*images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41666iYArAL.jpg
The bags have some sort of seal. The air can sucked out with a hand pump or a vaccum. Lots of videos on
amazon Rs 700

Youtube also shows DIY methods using a vaccum, without having to buy anything :

Last edited:
OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Water Retaining powder
1602075263586.jpeg

Less than 1/4 spoon powder + 1 cup water = jelly like stuff
You might have seen Tv ads. Put some in soil for plants. Add loads of water. No need to water the plants for a while. Its fun to play as well. Kids love it.

Rs. 250 for 250gm , which is plentyyy UraXx Soil Mixing and Hydroponics Gardening Water Retaining Super Absorbent Polymer: Amazon.in: Toys & Games

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Water Retaining powder
Less than 1/4 spoon powder + 1 cup water = jelly like stuff
You might seen Tv ads. put some in soil for plants. Add loads of water. No need to water the plants for a while. Its fun to play as well. Kids love it.

Rs. 250 for 250gm , which is plentyyy UraXx Soil Mixing and Hydroponics Gardening Water Retaining Super Absorbent Polymer: Amazon.in: Toys & Games
My mom would be interested, thanks for this

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Need help in buying Bright Cool White LED Strips, for replacing existing lighting in Kitchen..
any suggestion for products?
SMD 5050 LEDs have maximum brightness?

*www.ledsupply.com/blog/ultimate-guide-on-buying-led-strip-lights/
*www.lightstec.com/led-strip-light-buying-guide/

but which one to choose? how many adapter and how much wattage should be purchased?
or buy locally from lamington road?

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Make sure whatever LEDs you buy have "warm" setting.
Tinkering around with RGB values can also get you warm white but its not the same.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Make sure whatever LEDs you buy have "warm" setting.
Tinkering around with RGB values can also get you warm white but its not the same.
can provide Amazon, Flipkart, any other link?
I think warm light does not look good in kitchen area.
I want to replace existing LED bulbs with these strips.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Last I checked from aliexpress before all the covid madness.. I had similar requirement, amazon.in sellers fleece you badly :(

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
can provide Amazon, Flipkart, any other link?
I think warm light does not look good in kitchen area.
I want to replace existing LED bulbs with these strips.

I think you shud stay with LED bulbs, Else you can get LED Batten from Havells which has 2-Tone options, Both Warm White and cool white And batten is thin and light. Because LED strips dont Last long, Those can be used in fancy decoration. I used them in my Dining room, lasted me only 9 months, and went dead, with some LEDs having less Brightness.

You can otherwise Go with Phillips Hue, As they have Good LED strip offerings, and should last longer, but is V. Expensive.

Last I checked from aliexpress before all the covid madness.. I had similar requirement, amazon.in sellers fleece you badly :(

They are extremely overpriced On Amazon India. In banggood, no one is delivering to India. AliExpress too has similar issues.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I think you shud stay with LED bulbs, Else you can get LED Batten from Havells which has 2-Tone options, Both Warm White and cool white And batten is thin and light. Because LED strips dont Last long, Those can be used in fancy decoration. I used them in my Dining room, lasted me only 9 months, and went dead, with some LEDs having less Brightness.

You can otherwise Go with Phillips Hue, As they have Good LED strip offerings, and should last longer, but is V. Expensive.

They are extremely overpriced On Amazon India. In banggood, no one is delivering to India. AliExpress too has similar issues.
Okay

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Stickable Whiteboard sticker thing - Oren Empower Large Self Adhesive Sticker Price in India - Buy Oren Empower Large Self Adhesive Sticker online at Flipkart.com
Rs. 150- 300 2m x .5m . Lots of variety online some are even longer at same price. I am using just half of the 2m I bought.
I love this. Bought a couple of days ago. Its a plastic sheet stickied on wall and can be used as a whiteboard. Write with sketchpen, wipe with dry/wet tissue. Has replaced stickynotes in my room. Finally a todo list that works for me!

*rukminim1.flixcart.com/image/416/416/ja73ki80/sticker/4/h/d/multi-purpose-white-board-wall-stickers-size-45-w-x-200-h-large-original-imaezt98zkme7cn6.jpeg?q=70
Edit: Tissue erases completely. In my case it brought down the paint when I tried to remove it. But on better quality plastic paints it may be removeable
How to properly stick it on wall -

Last edited:

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Stickable Whiteboard sticker thing - Oren Empower Large Self Adhesive Sticker Price in India - Buy Oren Empower Large Self Adhesive Sticker online at Flipkart.com
Rs. 150- 300 2m x .5m . Lots of variety online some are even longer at same price. I am using just half of the original.
I love this. Bought a couple of days ago. Its a plastic sheet that we stick on walls and can be used a whiteboard. Write with sketchpen, wipe with dry/wet tissue. Has replaced stickynotes in my room. Finally a todo list that works for me!

*rukminim1.flixcart.com/image/416/416/ja73ki80/sticker/4/h/d/multi-purpose-white-board-wall-stickers-size-45-w-x-200-h-large-original-imaezt98zkme7cn6.jpeg?q=70

Is it removable? Like will it also remove the paint like tape does to wall?
Also Does the ink of the marker completely erases or some left over is there on it after erasing?

I had been looking for something like this but could not find one...

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl

LED Bulbs/Tubes also dying in a year or 2. Not those SMD/COB LEDs but those driver (mainly capacitor). Those who know will repair or replace driver and make it work. Most people throw not working bulb to bin.
I mentioned this because I used 2-3 year old Philips LED Tube's strip in the kitchen. Driver was damaged (capacitor), so removed that driver and connected with Mi charger 27W. Now LED Tube's Strip working fine.

If you have still have that LED strip check the adapter, driver then try replacing it with charger.

I purchased 10 LED Injection Module locally, SMD for ₹10 per module and COB for ₹20 per module, 12V
Let's see how long it will lasts.

*www.waveformlighting.com/home-residential/how-long-do-led-strip-lights-last

*www.chineselight.com/FAQ/The-Lifespan-of-LED-Strips.html

Last edited:

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
LED Bulbs/Tubes also dying in a year or 2. Not those SMD/COB LEDs but those driver (mainly capacitor). Those who know will repair or replace driver and make it work. Most people throw not working bulb to bin.
I mentioned this because I used 2-3 year old Philips LED Tube's strip in the kitchen. Driver was damaged (capacitor), so removed that driver and connected with Mi charger 27W. Now LED Tube's Strip working fine.

If you have still have that LED strip check the adapter, driver then try replacing it with charger.

I purchased 10 LED Injection Module locally, SMD for ₹10 per module and COB for ₹20 per module, 12V
Let's see how long it will lasts.

*www.waveformlighting.com/home-residential/how-long-do-led-strip-lights-last

*www.chineselight.com/FAQ/The-Lifespan-of-LED-Strips.html

Ya, those bulbs don't last long. I fixed a bulb from Eveready, one of its LEDs had died so just bypassed that one.

Actually the strip I bought was rs.20/m with 15 LEDs/m. Bought during Diwali, died after 4-5 days. I used it 10-12 hrs/day. But good quality ones from Phillips should last. Like Philips hue ?

That cap mainly dies because they need to use one with higher volt. Capacity. Usually they are rated 80-90volts, but if they had used 250-230 bots one, it would give no problems. Maybe size is an issue here, as it takes more space...

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
*www.amazon.com/Potty-Putter-Toilet-Time-Golf/dp/B000LC65QA

Good for peeps with constipation or those who sleep during poo.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Solimo wire pulling vegetable Chopper: Robot Check

Buy this eyes closed. My mausi introduced this to mommy. Who bought several of these to give away. sis loves it too. Its a simple vegetable chopper that makes things soo easy. I made a few things during lockdown, just because chopping veges became so simple.

Rs. 280 . Get the 750ml ones. I have a smaller one and wish it was bigger.
Do they provide instruction manual with it ?

Top Bottom