Unable to print properly in Linux through EPSON L380

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I am unable to print any sort of document/files/templates, etc. anything in Linux-OS,beit MX Linux or Fedora in my Desktop-PC.
My Printer is an EPSON L380 mult-functional printer with ink tank.
Windows 10 has no problem in prints at all. But when it comes to Linux,things are upside down.
ONLY GARBAGE AND GIBBERISH CHARACTERS ARE BEING PRINTED. THE PRINTER TRIES TO PRINT AS MANY AS PAPERS INCESSANTLY AND INDEFINITELY.
There was a lot of wastage in paper and ink.

Please help me out, Friends.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Use windows to print stuff. Or try to use a distro compatible with your printer. Tried Ubuntu? That's all you can do really.
My printer has wifi. So I print using my phone. No issues. Doesn't seem you have wifi as an option too.
So it's better to use only windows for printing than wasting paper.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^@Vyom, I think it's not logical what you commented.
It doesn't make sense, that when I need to print a particular file/document within Fedora, I have to reboot to Windows 10 and retrieve those documents either through the Internet or copy those to Windows 10 beforehand from within Fedora.

That means it implies, EPSON printers are built only for Windows OS???
I've successfully installed drivers for Linux systems from EPSON website itself.

Any other takers?
@whitestar_999; @topgear???

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check this,seems like either driver is not installed correctly or wrong driver is being used.
Printer printing gibberish

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you checked every post in that above thread link,it seems there is also a list of printing drivers in unix & sometimes a wrong driver is selected resulting in this issue(you can check by seeing printer name in this list & confirming that it is correctly installed as well as selected as the default printing driver).

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Have you checked every post in that above thread link,it seems there is also a list of printing drivers in unix & sometimes a wrong driver is selected resulting in this issue(you can check by seeing printer name in this list & confirming that it is correctly installed as well as selected as the default printing driver).
Now showing CUPS failed to connect to server : Failed to start service : Protocol unknown

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I am not familiar with MX Linux, which desktop environment and package manager does it use?

Have you checked if CUPS is properly installed on your systems?

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

I am not familiar with MX Linux, which desktop environment and package manager does it use?

Have you checked if CUPS is properly installed on your systems?
Mate/KDE/GNOME,etc. MX is based on pure Debian(*.deb),not under Ubuntu.
Package manager is "synaptic" and it runs "apt-get" and "dpkg" as well in command line.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
First check if you can execute this:

Code:
sudo systemctl start cupsd.service

Otherwise, try installing cups first using your package manager then execute the above command.

Top Bottom