ubuntu installation probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
hi friends i had ordered ubuntu 7.10 gibbon and recd the discs yester.
so when i ran it and the installation was all going finely but then at around 80 or 90 % completion it gives error that GRUB cannot be setup this is a fatal error. and then it exits installation adn am stuck at live cd interface.
pls tell me what is the problem and solution?

i have used ubuntu 7.04 fiesty and it used to work well.

in all in my system i have 2 drives c: with win xp and a d: drive which used to have some progs and games installed by me.

in the installation option i had selected to fromat one of drives (d: ) as ext3 and i had before that taken 1000 mb from it and made it as swap.

now i dont have ubuntu and my d: drive has lost all the progs and games it previously had. and contains ubuntu system files.

HELP PLS.

praka123

left this forum longback
from livecd,launch "gparted" and make ur "/"(install partn root) to the size u want.and dont make swap of 1GB,it is a waste.prepare ur swap partition around 400-500MB maximum.after preparing and formatting partitions as above,open a terminal from applications>accsries>terminal and run "sudo ubiquity" to start the installation.during installation,select manual partitioning and show the installer the partition and swap u earlier made using gparted.
Ubuntu installer seems a lil problematic sometimes.so do as above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom