Two questions: how to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare_dexter

Broken In
Hello wise guyz!! :D
I have two questions:
1. I've brought a COMPAQ PRESARIO with an Intel 845GE/GV motherboard, a combo, 40 GB HDD, an internal 56kbps modem, an optical mouse, a multimedia keyboard. The guy sold it has installed Windows XP with SP2 into it. I've come to know that in IE 6 SP2, I can change the wallpaper of it. But cannot find the option anywhere? How can I give my IE 6 a great look?

2. The set of drivers the seller given to me doesnot work for Win 98 SE/Me !! :( I've tried to install the two OSes, the seller also tried by uninstalling and re-installing, but in vain. He says all he has this set of drivers, which I think are for only Windows 2000/XP. Where can I get the suitable drivers? Whenever I try the driver CD on Win 98 SE, when it comes to the "sound driver" option, it hangs!

Please be kind enough to show me the way so can I use Windows 98- a faster and simpler OS. Thank you.

shyam911

Journeyman
Not wise enough to answer question 1 but for question 2 >> Go to the manufacturer's site and download required drivers

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi
I am not clear with ur first ques.... By wallpaper do u mean skins and skinning...? I am not able to get that part of ur question....

Regards,
Ramprasad

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:arrow:
u wanna change "wallpaper of IE6" .. ????
well by that i guess u mean to say the general looks of windows XP nd with that the skin nd looks of IE too, rite???
for that >>

:arrow: go for windows vlinds 4.5 .......simple the BEST!!!

:arrow: for changin the bootskin go for stardocks bootskin....easy to use nd free!

:arrow: for logon screens go for style XP ,u can try out longhorn transformation pack too ..

check out these sites >>
www.themexp.org
www.windowblinds.net/
www.themejunkie.com
www.wincustomize.com
*winxp.rb-338.com/

@Butterfly ... what was ur comment all about???? stop this spamming will u..... :evil:

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
I think if compaq came with Win xp u cannot use smoothly Win 98 with it
because the drivers cant be there

Example :-
I have compaq presario 700 laptop
731 AP model

i tried to use computer with Win 98 but i cant find any drivers for it even compaq not support it.

If there is solution please let me know so i can also quit Win xp and use Win 98 with the laptop.

OP
dare_dexter

dare_dexter

Broken In
Thank you all, folks, for your kind suggestions! But isn't the option that to change the wallpaper of IE 6 SP-2 bundled with the service pack itself? I've heard so, but not sure! And thanks for the second Q about Win 98!! Really, so silly of me. Thanks again, guys! :D

OP
dare_dexter

dare_dexter

Broken In
ramprasad said:
Hi
I am not clear with ur first ques.... By wallpaper do u mean skins and skinning...? I am not able to get that part of ur question....

Regards,
Ramprasad
You are right, dude! I meant skin. What about that?

hafees

In the zone
Try download some tools like hotbar. (www.hotbar.com) or by some registry tweaks. Use a program like TweakXP Pro .

Hotbar comes with a lot of options for Outlook Express also. It can download a variety of skins for ur browser and emoticons, email backgrounds, animated characters,greeting cards etc for ur Outlook Express.

vwad

In the zone
I think by wallpaper, he means the backgound :)

BTW regarding driver downloading, manufacturers web site will be right option but you can consider going to driverguide.com as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom