Tv Out Blues......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
hey i have compaq v4000 notebook pc .....da specs as follows...
1.7 ghz pentium M
256 mb ram
915g chipset based mobo
now the prob is dat it has a s video out port ....igot a svdeo to composite cable to connct it to my 15 year old tv set(ok its pretty old)....but im unable to get disply on the tv the tv is fine since i have taken tv out frm my pc on it...
plz hlp......

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
check from ur gfx cards control panel.. it might be disabled from there
(mostly on asus cards gets enabled automatically when u connect the tv before u bootup.. or connect the cable then do Detect Displays (what ever resembels for ur gfx card) and then define the propertis lile clone/resoultion(keep it 640x480)/signal type(PAL/NTSC) n stuff

and check that u are connecting the cable the right way(also if the cable has gone bad due to .. may be snagging n pulling)

also check the output type of ur tv-out signal matches the tv's should be PAL if the tv is indian.

OP
Ambar

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
dude i tried connectin it bfore power on but it also ds not hlp........
im not able to find the control panel fr changing displays...

chouhow

Broken In
Ambar said:
hey i have compaq v4000 notebook pc .....da specs as follows...
1.7 ghz pentium M
256 mb ram
915g chipset based mobo
now the prob is dat it has a s video out port ....igot a svdeo to composite cable to connct it to my 15 year old tv set(ok its pretty old)....but im unable to get disply on the tv the tv is fine since i have taken tv out frm my pc on it...
plz hlp......

hi,
can you tell me any online address of indian website from where i can buy the s-video to composite connector,as i am living in ajmer, rajasthan and hard to find here.
rgards
kunal
secondly,for your querry if everything is fine,get the latest software update for the graphics to work and to give output to tv.secondly either make your tv clone of your pc or make it dual viewing.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
I connected my leadtek 6600gt to samsung 29" TV with latest driver 91.31 installed. At first there was no display but after a restart the display was ther but it was black and white. After lots of effort and frustration nothing seems to bring the colors. So at last tried older driver (forceware 81.98 ) and walla color appeard and everything is working fine since then.
So maybe older driver would work for u.

Also see this: *www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-004653.htm

OP
Ambar

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
u can get the colors wid the latest drivers by setting the region to the correct one -- PAL -- ....

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Ambar said:
u can get the colors wid the latest drivers by setting the region to the correct one -- PAL -- ....

Tried very possible setting PAL/NTSC but to no avail. But as it is working perfectly with older drivers so no regret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom