TV Buying advice :Rs 50K, LG or Samsung

vickylahkarbytes

Right off the assembly line
Hello all,
Goodmorning. I am a complete noob wanting to buy an LED TV for home, when my good friend suggested to look up in digit forums for some discussion first.
Basically my budget is around Rs 50K, I will be needing a TV set for DTH channels and occasion mobile to TV connection to stream contents from it. I had looked up in Amazon and decided it would be a 55 inch TV either LG or Samsung. Good bassy sound will be a preference.
Now I need your guidance as to how to decide between the LG or Samsung based on my needs.
In brief:
1. Budget = Rs 50K
2. Display type = LED and size = 55 inch
3. TV/monitor be used for primarily for viewing DTH and occasional files from mobile via wifi
4. Ports required are USB 1, HDMI 2, Wifi, MHL 1
5. Brand LG or Samsung

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
You can go through existing threads since they all have pretty much same requirements like yours under this budget.
Please mention where exactly and how TV will be used? e.g.
near a window; well lit room; or a room with blinds; during day; moderately lit room; completely dark with all lights off etc.

For dark room avoid LG's LED TV since almost all are IPS panels and will have backlight bleeding issue in dark rooms with dark scenes on TV. I own LG UP8000 55" TV.
For DTH this would not matter much i guess but if one is watching series like Witcher on Netflix, it will be mildly annoying.

Samsung is better with their VA panel in this dept. but VA comes with it own cons. Please read and understand the basic difference between VA and IPS panels to decide what all features you can compromise while buying your TV. once you finalize on the models, you can go to Croma or Reliance stores to compare the models side by side. A side note I learned it here on forum: Online and offline models differs slightly.

OP
vickylahkarbytes

vickylahkarbytes

Right off the assembly line
You can go through existing threads since they all have pretty much same requirements like yours under this budget.
Please mention where exactly and how TV will be used? e.g.
near a window; well lit room; or a room with blinds; during day; moderately lit room; completely dark with all lights off etc.

For dark room avoid LG's LED TV since almost all are IPS panels and will have backlight bleeding issue in dark rooms with dark scenes on TV. I own LG UP8000 55" TV.
For DTH this would not matter much i guess but if one is watching series like Witcher on Netflix, it will be mildly annoying.

Samsung is better with their VA panel in this dept. but VA comes with it own cons. Please read and understand the basic difference between VA and IPS panels to decide what all features you can compromise while buying your TV. once you finalize on the models, you can go to Croma or Reliance stores to compare the models side by side. A side note I learned it here on forum: Online and offline models differs slightly.
Thank you. I will look up the models and compare in Croma and Reliance stores as well. One further query. Will online be better or offline, in terms of customer care service, in case there is some defect with the TV?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Thank you. I will look up the models and compare in Croma and Reliance stores as well. One further query. Will online be better or offline, in terms of customer care service, in case there is some defect with the TV?

customer support is same irrespective of wether you buy online or offline, You must keep the invoice with you in both case. Although People feel more comfortable with online offline mode for big purchases like TV

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Go with wherever you get better price. Online or offline does not matter it seems. But if you are buying offline then the installation guy will show up next day provided you bought from well established showroom(brand showrooms, Croma or Retiance Digital). Don't know how is this for online purchases. Many people have purchased their TV online and I didn't see anyone complaining about this so this should be fine.

Top Bottom