Trying to find the Cadbury Dairy Milk Ad..

roady

Digital Marketer
Hey guys,

I was looking at some past cadbury dairy milk ads for my own case study but surprisingly, I am NOT able to find one kind of campaign which Cadbury launched a few years back.

The theme of the ad is - Saath Rahe har pal

The description of the ad goes on like this -

==========================
The first commercial (‘sailor') is about this sailor who is returning home after a considerable time at sea. From snatches of ‘flashback', it becomes evident that while answering the call of duty, the sailor had left his sweetheart behind. And that before leaving her, he had told her that when he returned, he would look out for her dupatta tied to a tree as a sign that she was still waiting for him.

As the bus he is in lumbers along, the background score strikes up. ‘Kisi din jeet ho/kisi din haar ho/Koi sang meet ho/koi sang yaar ho/Koi bhi baat ho/Koi apna saath ho/Koi apna khaas ho…' The closer the bus draws to his home, the higher his anxiety mounts. He imagines getting off the bus to find a bare tree… Finally, he reaches his destination and dismounts. And sure enough, he sees the tree festooned with colourful dupattas. And peeping out from behind the tree, his beloved, who rushes into his arms… The signoff: ‘Saath rahe har pal.'

The second commercial (‘tennis match') has a man playing a decisive game in a tennis match. The hitch - he has just conceded an ‘advantage' to his opponent. As he focuses on the game, his young son seated in the stands eggs him on, ‘C'mon, dad.' The opponent serves. The father returns. The ball slices the air… cannons into the net… and falls back on this side of the court.

Anguished in defeat, the father takes a towel and covers his face. As the background score strikes up, the son gently wipes a tear, makes his way to where his father is seated and gives him a huge hug - as if to say, ‘It's okay, it's just a game.' The father smiles and returns the hug. ‘Saath rahe har pal.'

=============================

Does anyone have these ads? If so, please upload it somewhere as I'd really love to see them again!

Top Bottom