Trying to compile simdock

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the debain file did not work; conv the rpm to debian installed it but its not launching so im trying to compile it from the source but here also there is a small problem which i cant understand:

i followed this tut:

*www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/softinstall.html

and after giving the ./configure command im getting this:
Code:
checking for DEPS... configure: error: Package requirements (
        gconf-2.0 >= 2.18.0,
        libwnck-1.0 >= 2.18.0
) were not met:

No package 'gconf-2.0' found
No package 'libwnck-1.0' found
now i searched thru synaptics for the 2 packages for gconf i got gconf 2 which is already installed then i got a gconf which i installed but for libwnck im getting libwnck22 only which is already installed :? so is there any way to get this working :?:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Simdock is not a stable product and the current version has a lot of bugs. You may try installing an older .deb version from the sourceforge.net page of Simdock. Or you may wanna wait till the final version is released.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
kya yaar main itne time aise hi dimaag khappa raha hoon :x .... u have also given simdock in ur package :confused: and that gives error

im not even able to compile avant window navigator :confused:

me following this link:

*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2093300

but its not generating the make file :? because of the same error:

Code:
No package 'libwnck-1.0' found
No package 'gconf-2.0' found

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
a small tip-for compiling from source u have to install the corresponding foobar-dev packages.in this case,
libwnck-dev
libgconf2-dev
edit:and dont remove ur compiling directory.it may have make uninstall which helps in uninstalling ur software later.(leave this comment if ur for format and install shift as in windows ;) )

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
as i said in my first post:

i searched thru synaptics for the 2 packages for gconf i got gconf 2 which is already installed then i got a gconf which i installed but for libwnck im getting libwnck22 only which is already installed

ChaiTan3

GTK+ programmer
*www.planetblur.org/hosted/awnforum/index.php?shard=forum&action=g_reply&ID=566#5528
solution for libwnck22 prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom