Trouble using Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexter11

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I have been trying to assemble my HTPC. It's been almost a yr now trying to configure the last piece of it. The last peice is a a TV Tuner card. I am trying to watch TV using the Vista Media Center (VMC). Till now I have purchased 4 cards. First 2 being Non-MCE, 3rd Pinnacle 110i but the problem with this card is its CPU usage. All the time CPU usage is 100% which causes the system to slow down and gives choppy video quality. later i purchased a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 (from US). The card spec says that it support NTSC as well as PAL. Now the during the VMC setup it does not allow me to select India as the region and displays "This Tuner is not supported in this region" . I was able to watch TV using the WinTV2000 PVR supplied with the card but it was in Black and white again disappointment :sad:. Attaching the pic of the card to confirm the model. I need help desperately to get it to working with VMC.

*support.gateway.com/s/VIDCARD/Hauppage/103364/103364nv.jpg

Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Pentinum 4HT 3.0 Gz
Intel 945GNT
450 W PSU
4GB 800 Mhz RAM
Geforce 7300GT
Creative Soundblaster Audigy Live Value 5.1
WD (500+250) = 850GB
Pinnacle 110i/Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150
HP Vista Media Center Remote

Nobody ... Anybody ???

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ hey buddy from where did ya buy that HP Media Center Remote.

from the looks of that tuner it doesnt look like it supports PAL.just try some 3rd party softwares like ChrisTV etc.

OP
D

dexter11

Right off the assembly line
^^^ hey buddy from where did ya buy that HP Media Center Remote.

from the looks of that tuner it doesnt look like it supports PAL.just try some 3rd party softwares like ChrisTV etc.

My cousin sent it from US, he got it with his HP System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom