tranfer data from ssd to hdd

andy_65_in

Padawan
i installed a new 1 TB HDD in my laptop which already has a 256GB SSD only..how to transfer my data in c drive(ssd) to hdd (partitioned by the cmptr repair chap).i have to tranfer photos,downloads and music data to hdd..im on windows 11..thanks

patkim

Cyborg Agent
If you just cut-paste or copy-paste using Explorer, files & folders shall get copied to the destination but the file attributes will not be preserved. If you want to preserve the file attributes & also review the logs for success/failure etc (since you might have bulk of files), you can use built-in command line ROBOCOPY with suitable parameters. robocopy
It will also log status so that you can review and manually take decisions after copying, if the need be.

In case by Documents, Photos, Downloads you are referring to the Libraries available by same name in the explorer left pane, then you can simply move them to another location and all data will get automatically moved. Right click the Library – Properties - Location, click Move and follow the instructions.

location.png

What I generally do is first copy using ROBOCOPY to the new destination, then point Libraries to the new destination folder, this way file attributes are preserved and Libraries also get remapped.

If your new 1 TB HDD is initialized as GPT, you can create up to 128 Partitions on it of your choice.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
Hi..folks..whatever i download now is being saved in C drive again...and not the downloads folder i created in E drive..what could be the issue.
Screenshot (398).png
Screenshot (399).png

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think there should be a setting in Edge to configure default download locations.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
I accidentally deleted my download folder ...even the free RECUVA version couldn't help me recover my lost files...most of them were recovered corrupt.is there any way to do it now..especially when the concerned drive has already been scanned by RECUVA.im on windows 11.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I accidentally deleted my download folder ...even the free RECUVA version couldn't help me recover my lost files...most of them were recovered corrupt.is there any way to do it now..especially when the concerned drive has already been scanned by RECUVA.im on windows 11.
something similar like this? -> Problem in Data Recovery

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Download the files again. You probably have your download history in MS Edge.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
You will need better recovery tools than Recuva.

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Try easeus data recovery wizard it will scan as quickly as possible and try to recover quickly than others.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom