Touchscreen Laptop for Dad

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
1) What is your budget?
Rs50,000 is preferable although he wants to know good expensive options if Rs50,000 is too low. It has to be ordered from Govt side, so his budget can technically stretch to lakhs but he doesn't want to buy really expensive laptop. He wants it to last for 3 years at least.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
13" to 14"screen
- Not more than 2 Kg

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: hes a Big time Dell fanboy although he has heard praises of HP so hes interested in that too. He is also Ok-ish on Lenovo
b. Dislike: any unknown brand

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Mostly Word documents, Excel Spreadsheets, web Surfing, Uploading documents,pictures. May watch some documentary videos during free time.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
He doesnt like it when text is too small to read. So i guess 1366X678 should be more than enough. Full HD 1080p will give him more trouble since his choice of laptop points at smaller screens. He has poor eyesight and uses specs. His eyes often get tired after staring at the screen for long hours. Maybe a "matte" screen will be better for him???

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
He wants portability, something hes gonna lug around office and in his travels. He doesnt mind absence of USB External Harddisk.

Background on him (important)=
He is a typical bureaucrat (IAS)-- hot tempered,zero tolerance to redundency. Life is all about efficient use of time for him.
Though he is patient in his normal life, when it comes to computers, he gets angry and frustrated very quickly. I have often overheard mouse banging on the table :(
He hates it when webpages loads slowly, or when big documents take time to load. He always shuts down laptops, never lets it go on standby so boot-up speed must be a high priority (old school mentality, he think putting laptops on standby will spoil laptops)
The touch pad and Touch pad should be responsive.
He is crazy about updates, like Windows update. He thinks if we dont update our laptops they "wear off". The govt for some weird reason always supply cr*ppy HCL laptops to its officers so he decided this time he will personally order his own laptop.
Currently he is using a govt issued HCL ME laptop.

His work doesn't require a really fast laptop, but he wants Windows OS and MS Word to open very quick. Typing should be good. He types a lot. He insists on a touchscreen display but i dunno from where he got this fascination for touch screens.
Portability is important as he often uses his laptop in bed.

BASICALLY, a "TENSHUN-FREE" Laptop...

He can order it anytime. He is waiting for my response, after which he will just make a phone call for the laptop. Mind you, if the laptop i recommend him gives him trouble hes gonna get my neck ! :( :(

not a single response.. :( am running out of time