Torque game Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

desijays

Broken In
I was recently introduced to the torque 3D game engine by one of my friends. you can google it or check it out at *www.garagegames.com/

I was thrilled by the fact that i could program my own programs that used extensive graphics or in other words games. I tried learning it and even though the learning curve was kinda high, I managed to plough through a little.

But I believe I might be able to accomplish more if I had a friend who was like minded. All my friends over here are only into movies or playing games. They don't know jack about programming. Leave alone the arduous task of programming games. I don't blame them though. For each his own interest I suppose.

So I'm looking for someone with a common interest in torque or just game programming in general, or just old plain programming. It doesn't matter wat language you know. Or even if you don't know nothing at all, its okie. I know for sure that where there is enthusiasm a lack of knowledge is no constraint. With enthusism and passion, knowledged can be slowly but surely gained.

So if there is anyone out there that shares a common interest in torque, game programming or programming in general, or if you don't know nothing abt programming but are passionate abt it, i'd appreciate it if you can get in touch, so we can share what we know. Sometimes learning all by oneself can be hard.

Just for the record, I am well versed with python, Java and have some knowledge with C++. I don't know nothing abt .NET though I wouldn't mind learning. Its just that the languages i know have served me enough. So i didn't bother to learn .NET. And ofcourse, a little of torque as well.

Well, so far, from wat i've seen, I can tell you that torque is immensly powerful as a game engine. Ive seen some people use it for more than just a game engine. One of the torque engine users at the community forums has written a complete IRC program using the torque engine. The GUI, obviously being rendered by the engine in real time... I know thats unusual. But I was surprised likewise.

The GUI used in Blender 3D is also rendered real time. Though I have no clue what rendering engine was used...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom