Todd Hollenshead on piracy on the game industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thunderbird.117

"the abandonment of PC development and focus on console games, where piracy is not as prevalent. "

More Here :-

*www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4911&Itemid=2

Pathik

Google Bot
who sez piracy isnt prevalent in consoles...
in mumbai ps2 pirated games r cheaper than pc pirated games...
n piracy for xbox360 n ps3 is just a matter of time..

OP
T

thunderbird.117

pathiks said:
who sez piracy isnt prevalent in consoles...
in mumbai ps2 pirated games r cheaper than pc pirated games...
n piracy for xbox360 n ps3 is just a matter of time..

Console games is not avaliable freely like PC games. Also console need to be modded before playing pirated games. Not everyone will go for modded consoles. They have to buy 2 consoles then one this modded consoles and other is not modded consoles :).

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Because of the online nature of consoles of this generation , modding is not very easy as it was before. So no doubt they are selling more copies on consoles then PC.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
tarey_g said:
Because of the online nature of consoles of this generation , modding is not very easy as it was before. So no doubt they are selling more copies on consoles then PC.

Well same is the case with the pc since the majority of pirated games are not playable online

OP
T

thunderbird.117

Darthvader said:
Well same is the case with the pc since the majority of pirated games are not playable online

But then you can play on lan also on hamachi. :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Darthvader said:

I am not talking abt not being able to play online , online nature means the hardware is capable of firmware updates. New games wont run untill you install the firmware version game wants, the firmware is updates online or is provided with the game dvd . The updating nature of consoles gives the company to blacklist and block any type of modding. Modding console is not impossible , but this time user will have to get the firmware hack for eack new firmware release, which is not easy for 99% of console gamers in India.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Not to mention most people who go in for consoles tend to be able to afford games for them and are not keen to go through all that hassle to crack a game. The convenience of using an original game just keeps them from buying hacked games. I know this is true for me! But this is still not true for PC games which are easy as hell to crack and use.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^if one can AFFORD console game (e.g. XBoX360 games @ 2.5K each), that guy can surely BUY a Original PC game which costs less than half of that console game.:D

no body is forcing anyone to buy Pirated Games, its just that some people are "Kanjoos" & some people (middle class guy) cant afford the games.:wink:

OP
T

thunderbird.117

^^^ Totally right.

Though i buy some original games like. The problem that indian are facing is broadband connection. In USA when a person buys a original game. He can start playing online multiplayer games. Has for indians once we finish playing offline games also we can not play online gaming due to lag or we cant not even play the game online it is like use and throw. We do not even have shop where we can sell our games or even rent the game. This are few reason for piracy in india.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I still have my orignal copy of far cry , anyone wants that ? Never played it online coz that time i didn't have broadband , and now when we have broadband there are no indian servers to play on. I have played farcry more than 8 times :D, last time on the highest difficulty (felt like hell).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom