Update: pc build 25k-30k budget. To Mini-PC OR Not To?

K_akash_i

In the zone
About the acer ek22q, the one u listed has 5ms response time.
Make sure you buy the one with 1ms response time plus 100hz display , I belive that's the model in Amazon website which is also 500rs lower and has an IPS panel.
Final: *pcpricetracker.in/b/s/0c136f90-aaa6-42d6-97da-90df85da6f50

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Final: *pcpricetracker.in/b/s/0c136f90-aaa6-42d6-97da-90df85da6f50
*pcpricetracker.in/b/s/6b5d7db7-7536-4723-a8a6-079f5de79424

Updated: PSU, SSD
lower priced, Deepcool PK-D is from Tier C as per the list on cultists, it is fine for low powered system. If you have money to spend, you can consider 80+Gold PSU. But I would advise every extra money you can squeeze should go to processor, 5600G
WD SN580 is new version, SN570 is old.

cultlists: *cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

K_akash_i

In the zone

lower priced, Deepcool PK-D is from Tier C as per the list on cultists, it is fine for low powered system. If you have money to spend, you can consider 80+Gold PSU. But I would advise every extra money you can squeeze should go to processor, 5600G

Yea 5600g is a much better option.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^yes.
But I am shocked that 25k can pull only this config today :(
everything went downhill after covid pricing

K_akash_i

In the zone
^yes.
But I am shocked that 25k can pull only this config today :(
everything went downhill after covid pricing
I thought the b series of Intel and amd would come under 10k , nowadays mobos seems to be alot more expensive even though these are not the newest ones.

K_akash_i

In the zone
also 13th and 14th gen Intel has 100% fail rate.
Fireship shorter video and detailed one on Level1Techs
I saw the GN and level1tech's combined video, isn't that more due to the CPUs being run 100% of the time. But it's true that 13th and 14th ones fail, core by core iirc.
I do hope arrowlake would be alot better.
Because AMD has been upping their prices since the last am4 and now in am5, even 7600 costed much higher than what was expected during launch.
( Edited the amd cpu pricing part )

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@omega44-xt how is this for 25-30k basic build? OP here

TheSloth

The Slowest One
"OP here" was the link to the first post of this thread. Forgot that hyperlinks are blocked now.

Yeah laptop could have been an good option for a family PC but low budget limits all the good options. I personally will opt for a laptop, after increasing the budget, instead of desktop to save space.

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
when I do post a link it automatically changes to text here, works fine.

I do sit on my desk[space is not an issue] with MacBook[early 2015 model I've been using it since 2016] and this PC build is "just in case" MacBook goes kaput as its very likely soon it will.

all of my work is on a browser at max. sometimes 2 browsers along with 2-3 communication apps like skype, discord and IRC. its just me chasing the nostalgia of playing nfs porsche and captain claw on PC with x86/P3/P4 system style keyboard. I have lots of demo games on digit cds/dvds from 2005+.
I went from wanting to spend only 15k to now 35k build, and buying a laptop makes a lot more sense but gaming on a laptop keyboard is just not fun least on MacBook one. I do have ps3 and many 3rd party controllers like xbox one, 8bitdo sn30 and old snes usb to play retro games mostly saturn, dreamcast and Arcade MAME. so just letting you know this is primarily a backup computer and secondary 90s gaming same old virtua cop2, house of the dead, nfs etc. :-D

K_akash_i

In the zone
when I do post a link it automatically changes to text here, works fine.

I do sit on my desk[space is not an issue] with MacBook[early 2015 model I've been using it since 2016] and this PC build is "just in case" MacBook goes kaput as its very likely soon it will.

all of my work is on a browser at max. sometimes 2 browsers along with 2-3 communication apps like skype, discord and IRC. its just me chasing the nostalgia of playing nfs porsche and captain claw on PC with x86/P3/P4 system style keyboard. I have lots of demo games on digit cds/dvds from 2005+.
I went from wanting to spend only 15k to now 35k build, and buying a laptop makes a lot more sense but gaming on a laptop keyboard is just not fun least on MacBook one. I do have ps3 and many 3rd party controllers like xbox one, 8bitdo sn30 and old snes usb to play retro games mostly saturn, dreamcast and Arcade MAME. so just letting you know this is primarily a backup computer and secondary 90s gaming same old virtua cop2, house of the dead, nfs etc. :-D
Do install "ah shit, here we go again" vanilla verson.

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
View attachment Screenshot_2024-08-11-09-29-35-004_com.whatsapp.jpg

Local vendor quote. One reason why buy from this is if anything happens this is the guy I'll take it for repairs. Power supply and cabinet changed from DeepCool to fingers brand, is this ok if not I can order cabinet online. Also I don't fancy rgb stuff simple old tower looking is fine but good power supply is important.

I'll place the order once you guys reply and confirm the final call

Please help if we upgrade to 5600G, 80+gold something power supply and 100mhz 1ms monitor, everything remains the same? I also need suggestions for a stabilizer for this otherwise I can buy from local but just in case you can suggest. Maybe ups+stabilizer something exist?

MacBook is officially dead now, easy fix to get a new charger or battery. I am going with the pc build you guys help me with.

Last edited:
OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Rest of it looks good to go? Considering upgraded processor from 5500 to 5600, likely improve performance then other components also needs to be compatible and able to support the new cpu performance?

Really good cabinet can spend extra for something like this, it doesn't have powersupply though so I need powersupply suggestions too something 80+gold was mentioned earlier.

Is it worth upgrading from 5500 to 5600? Comparing how extra it will cost vs type of performance improvement it delivers if not a drastic change then why bother? Something like say 5500 I get 40fps and 5600 delivers 50fps then a big no to upgrade but 60fps seems worth it it's 25% improvement just an example.

Last edited:
Rest of it looks good to go? Considering upgraded processor from 5500 to 5600, likely improve performance then other components also needs to be compatible and able to support the new cpu performance?

Really good cabinet can spend extra for something like this, it doesn't have powersupply though so I need powersupply suggestions too something 80+gold was mentioned earlier.

Is it worth upgrading from 5500 to 5600? Comparing how extra it will cost vs type of performance improvement it delivers if not a drastic change then why bother? Something like say 5500 I get 40fps and 5600 delivers 50fps then a big no to upgrade but 60fps seems worth it it's 25% improvement just an example.
Jumping from 5500GT to 5600G is nothing major. IF you plan to add dGPU later, buy i5 12400 instead (even though it has a weaker iGPU, the CPU is much faster, for reference I am using i5 12400 with 7900GRE).

Top Bottom