Update: pc build 25k-30k budget. To Mini-PC OR Not To?

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Hello,

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Secondary computer for family use, emulation if possible xbox/xbox360 using xemu. for learning Tally accounting, office work and some Photoshop/ai programming running local tiny llm like lama.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: very strict 15k and max. 18k-20k if a component say costs 5k but if adding 500 extra can get me better than can do that so it can go upto 18k.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows XP or Windows 7 but if compatibility issue then Windows 10 is fine.

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: what fits the budget 128 is also fine.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: You can suggest a very basic one and will buy that locally, does not include in the budget I mentioned.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Keyboard/Mouse and Monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: asap

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, I can assemble

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I have friends locally who owns PC shop.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please keep upgrading easiness in mind so when I get a little money that I can spend on it should support it.

OLD:
I need a PC, this can be refurbished mini-pc or not sure what other options are available.
budget is super strict say 10k only but something upgradable later so I can upgrade as I can budget it.

I was looking at B097ZMH24V and many YouTube videos about upgrading it with 2000 INR gfx card to play triple A titles at 1080p

very confused what to buy due to not clear about the usage. I'll say consider it first middle class family PC :D

if you have more questions for me please ask.
any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I don't think we have people here who have experience with the refurbished Optilex. This can you be your own lesson if you could trust Indian retailers.
But a mini pc for a normal usage will cost you above 20k for sure.

You should follow forum template questionnaire for any purchase related queries.

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
I don't think we have people here who have experience with the refurbished Optilex. This can you be your own lesson if you could trust Indian retailers.
But a mini pc for a normal usage will cost you above 20k for sure.

You should follow forum template questionnaire for any purchase related queries.
if so then any chance of building a custom pc in this price range? I tried to find the questions but couldn't. let me try again. thank you!

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Since I cannot suggest you a build right now, I will let other members post their build suggestions.

But generally speaking, Mini PC, upgrade ability, under 20k is almost impossible i think. But it should be possible to build a custom PC with 3400G under 20k. I am also not sure how much of Photoshop can be handled by this processor.

You should take a look at used component market on FB marketplace and Techenclave forum.

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Since I cannot suggest you a build right now, I will let other members post their build suggestions.

But generally speaking, Mini PC, upgrade ability, under 20k is almost impossible i think. But it should be possible to build a custom PC with 3400G under 20k. I am also not sure how much of Photoshop can be handled by this processor.

You should take a look at used component market on FB marketplace and Techenclave forum.
Thank you, Photoshop is not important. primary use is learning and general Internet browsing. after your reply mini pc makes no sense so not buying a mini pc anymore.

K_akash_i

In the zone
There are multiple options -
Higher price price great value build - i5 12400 - 11720rs
6cores 12threads
(But u have to pair it with an h610 mobo to reduce total cost. cpu, ram, mobo, PSU, SSD, cabinet in total would cost u like 26k )
But the cpu is totally worth it.
The socket is lga 1700 - u can buy a mobo with ddr5 support and upgrade it later.

Or u can get i3 12100 - 9400rs ( local prices should be lower)
Would reduce the cost by around 2k

The other good options would be 5600g/gt
5500gt builds with similar prices
In total

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Have you checked custom build available at lenovo for custom PCs? They did have some thin ones.
*www.lenovo.com/in/en/desktops/

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
There are multiple options -
Higher price price great value build - i5 12400 - 11720rs
6cores 12threads
(But u have to pair it with an h610 mobo to reduce total cost. cpu, ram, mobo, PSU, SSD, cabinet in total would cost u like 26k )
But the cpu is totally worth it.
The socket is lga 1700 - u can buy a mobo with ddr5 support and upgrade it later.

Or u can get i3 12100 - 9400rs ( local prices should be lower)
Would reduce the cost by around 2k

The other good options would be 5600g/gt
5500gt builds with similar prices
In total
Can you please spare few more minutes for me and help me with brand/model no. for all parts. I am so out of touch with these stuff.

K_akash_i

In the zone
Can you please spare few more minutes for me and help me with brand/model no. for all parts. I am so out of touch with these stuff.
I can create that list, but I am waiting for other accounts to get more clarity on the specs.

Sample spec -
Cpu- i5 12400 (mdcomputers) - 11720

Mobo - Asus prime H610 E D4 - 6899 -ddr4

( B660 is preferred, but I think u should get b660 ddr5 mobo when u upgrade to ddr5)

Ram- Gskill ripjaws Ddr4 8gb 3200mhz cl16 - 1800rs

Smps - deepcool 450 watt - 2450
Case - 2000
SSD - adata xpg gammix s5 256 - 2145
Or Kingston a400 - 2300 ( tata cliq)
(These aren't the fastest, they don't have dram probably also , but it's probably enough)
-----------
Total - 27160 max

h610 isn't a great mobo
This is more of a stopgap build, for future upgradation
And it's way over your budget .

With i3 12100
The cost would come down to 25k with everything else same.

K_akash_i

In the zone
Also do not install winxp or 7 ( no support provided)
Win 10 is okay for now.
U can also tryout linux but it doesn't support photoshop ( u may have to use photopea)
It does have alot of free emulations softwares and such including xemu.

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Win10 is fine.
Comparing i5 vs amd one *www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare_cpu-intel_core_i5_12400-vs-amd_ryzen_5_5500gt
looks like i5 outranks amd in almost all aspect except igpu and assuming that's integrated gpu will help with gaming better than i5?

K_akash_i

In the zone
Win10 is fine.
Comparing i5 vs amd one *www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare_cpu-intel_core_i5_12400-vs-amd_ryzen_5_5500gt
looks like i5 outranks amd in almost all aspect except igpu and assuming that's integrated gpu will help with gaming better than i5?
Amd makes the best APUs (cpu with igpu) in terms of graphics output yes.
Story changes when u install a really good gpu into the system.
Intel gives u that igpu for basic display output.
Could do gaming, but light or old titles.

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
so this build with amd is final one? pcpricetracker.in/b/s/b792739b-fccc-47d1-923c-7920895d360e
please let me know about monitor and cabinet are missing from this. I'll buy logitech keyboard/mouse generic ones from local shop.
currently not seeking to add graphic card nor any time soon so going with the amd.

K_akash_i

In the zone
so this build with amd is final one? pcpricetracker.in/b/s/b792739b-fccc-47d1-923c-7920895d360e
please let me know about monitor and cabinet are missing from this. I'll buy logitech keyboard/mouse generic ones from local shop.
currently not seeking to add graphic card nor any time soon so going with the amd.
That's a good choice as well.
I think a generic cabinet within the 2000 range would be fine. View attachment Screenshot_20240716-232209.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240716-232326.png
    630.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20240716-232335.png
    870.7 KB · Views: 25

K_akash_i

In the zone
Acer EK220Q E3 21.5 Inch IPS Full HD (1920x1080) Backlit LED LCD Monitor I 1 MS VRB, 100Hz Refresh I 250 Nits I 99% SRGB I HDMI & VGA Ports with HDMI Cable I AMD Free Sync I Eye Care Features (Black) *amzn.in/d/0hMPUPeD -5599
This is a decent 1080p monitor,
I believe u are looking for a basic 1080p display.
MSI PRO 21.5 inch also goes for similar price. -5699
Another one is from Viewsonic - 5999

These are just options ( I selected with the criteria of having a 1080p display and 100hz display )

There are both cheaper options with a dip in refresh rate or resolution, Do wait for others to suggest also.
For mice , Logitech m90 is a basic durable one ( I have one ) costs about 300rs

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Unfortunately for you, AMD moved from AM4 to AM5, so you processor upgrade option are very limited. Max you can go is Ryzen 5 5600 with a discrete GPU.

Top Bottom