To choose between Samsung and Apple tablet..

monkey

Padawan
I want to buy tablet for my 7 yr. old daughter for her online classes. She also likes a lot to watch and shoot videos and play some simple games. I am stuck between Samsung Tab S6 lite and Apple iPad (7th gen). Both have their own pros and cons and hence am not able to decide between the two.

Some points I have taken note of for each tablet is as below:

1. Samsung: - Slightly cheaper
- S-Pen support so my daughter can spend some time sketching for fun
- 64 GB storage
- Average CPU
- Just 2 years s/w support

2. iPad - Good CPU
- Generally lasts much longer than Samsung Tabs in terms of s/w support
- Only 32GB storage.
- No pen (costs a bomb to buy supporting pen)
- Expensive to repair if physically damaged.

Can somebody help me in deciding?

Apple iPad 10.2

I don't generally recommend Apple products, but they surely make good tablets. Tablets is a niche category these days, so others dropped it no wonder. Apple has apps better optimized for tabs vs android which has most apps optimized exclusively for phones.

New iPad OS is a good thing for iPads, its not as restrictive as iOS but not as open as android surely. Get iPad 10.2". You should be able to use pen drives now, search online for ext HDD support.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Well Apple ipad will be always first choice compare to Android Tab any day. Due to the quality of components used by Apple and OS optimization.

But the cost of repairing any physical damage is quite high. And since you have a 7yr old kid then think twice.

If the Kid will use it heavily then buy the Samsung Tab as the primary usage is watching videos and simple games + you are getting S-pen for the Kid to have some Fun :)

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Well Apple ipad will be always first choice compare to Android Tab any day. Due to the quality of components used by Apple and OS optimization.

But the cost of repairing any physical damage is quite high. And since you have a 7yr old kid then think twice.

If the Kid will use it heavily then buy the Samsung Tab as the primary usage is watching videos and simple games + you are getting S-pen for the Kid to have some Fun :)

Yeah, the tab is for my daughter only. I already have iPad for myself and I am happy with it. Only issue I feel is small storage in iPad but then Samsung S6 Lite is hard to find. Also I felt pen will be a good addition for the kid but then again I can't find Tab S6 anywhere.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I lean towards Apple tablet. Make a list of apps she will use and see if they are available in either of the platforms. You can also go for a cheaper android tablet for now, if you are concerned she may use the tablet roughly.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Yeah, the tab is for my daughter only. I already have iPad for myself and I am happy with it. Only issue I feel is small storage in iPad but then Samsung S6 Lite is hard to find. Also I felt pen will be a good addition for the kid but then again I can't find Tab S6 anywhere.
Recently one of the member bought Samsung Tab

*geek.digit.in/community/threads/tablet-for-20k.208474/#post-2385581

Last edited:
OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Recently one of the member bought Samsung Tab

*geek.digit.in/community/threads/tablet-for-20k.208474/#post-2385581

Saw the thread before starting this thread but I was not satisfied with the purchase. I wanted a tab of good screen estate and quality. Right now I am leaning for iPad as Tab S6 Lite is difficult to find..even in local shops. I am getting wifi+LTE but do not require it - only wifi model is sufficient.

Top Bottom