Time to upgrade! Budget 60k

Score89

Broken In
Hello all! 5 years ago, I built my first gaming PC with the help of everyone on this forum and now, I turn to you once again. My current PC configuration is listed below the questionnaire.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Gaming - Dark Souls, Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy XIV, Divinity Original Sin 2, Witcher/Cyberpunk (basically RPGs and MMOs)
Office - Running Excel and Powerpoint (often side by side). Analyzing data from 100k - 1 million Excel rows, multiple tabs on Chrome, might try my hand at R or Python down the line.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: I'm getting this instead of a new laptop, so 60k. May be able to stretch to 70k if justified.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Honestly, I haven't gamed on a PC for a couple of years. I already have 1 TB HDD in my current setup. Thinking of adding an SSD. Will that be enough?

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have an AOC 23" monitor that's currently hooked up to my PS4, I'll just use this for now. I intend to get a second monitor (either a 27" 1440p or a 29" ultrawide 1080p) a couple of months down the line.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor. Also, since I'm upgrading a 5 year old PC, I'm not sure which components I can carry forward, would appreciate your help here. I guess my current PSU, Cabinet and HDD should be fine for now.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: March-end

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: By an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Currently in Bangalore but my PC is in Delhi, so I'll be buying locally from Delhi. I'm okay with buying online, provided the seller is on a trusted platform.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Here's my current PC configuration. I'd like to carry forward as much as possible while still being able to push as much performance out of the rig as possible (Ultra/High gaming)

AMD FX 6300
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0
Nvidia GTX 760
Corsair 400R Cabinet
Seasonic s12 620w
Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
Corsair 1600Mhz 4GB RAM
Asus 24X SATA Black DVD R/W
Logitech Wireless MK520 KB + Mouse combo
I kva APC UPS

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -72.1K

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G -13900,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000Mhz -6700,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000, (paytm mall)
Zotac GTX1060 6GB Mini -21000, (Now due to mining craze, GPU prices have skyrocketed, so its not good idea to buy now)
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD -11300,
Cooler Master Devastator III Gaming Combo -2700.
TOTAL -72,100.

Minus the nvidia GPU, the total comes to 51.1k as of now. Until the GTX1060 6GB price comes down to 21k, don't buy it.

All above prices are taken from www.mdcomputers.in

OP
S

Score89

Broken In
Thanks @bssunilreddy

Would the suggested rig work well with a dual monitor setup? I only intend to game on one monitor, the other screen will be for productivity/PS4.

Also, I intent to use my current AOC 23" monitor right now and will be getting the second monitor in April (probably a 27" 1440p). So could we save on that 9k from the LG monitor and maybe put that towards a better GPU?

Finally, as I understand it, the Ryzen 2400G has an inbuilt GPU. Isn't that going to waste if I have a dedicated external GPU?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
This is not a good time to upgrade PC..

Just add an additional 4gb ram stick and SSD to your current build it will speed up your system a lott and give more room for multitasking and chrome tabs .. and think of building rig next year

But if you absolutely have to go for a new build , then wait till April first , Go for 2nd gen Ryzen processors when they launch with new motherboards by April end or so , don't go for G processors now and buy CPU,Mobo, RAM and 256GB SSD then... and keep using your GTX 760 until atleast when "next gen" GPU series launches later this year and when they are available at good prices

Last edited:
Top Bottom