Thinking of buying s8? Root, Samsung pay?

Deadman

Journeyman
I will be probably buying by the end of this month. Just waiting for some heavy discount.
I am planning to root from day 1 but worried about samsung pay. Is there any work around.

Minion

Conversation Architect
A

Any other con which may effect daily usage. Also, there are rumors of s9 releasing early. Will it be a wise choice to wait a bit more?

it will probably cost more also there is no concrete proof of release date also lg v30 is also a very good phone and is available for 45k.

A

Any other con which may effect daily usage. Also, there are rumors of s9 releasing early. Will it be a wise choice to wait a bit more?

The waiting game will go on & on, there's new flagship every 6 months nowadays. S9 should come out to market in March even if it gets shown at CES. Also due to iPhone X every manufacturer would be interested in increasing price of their flagships. I won't be surprised if S9 launches for 60k+, in fact I expect that from Samsung. So if you are ok buying the phone in March/April for 60k+, gladly wait.

Personally the only issue I have with S8 is some edge touches which rarely happens but usually it happens when I use phone with one hand & try to select something at other side (say I'm using my phone with right hand & try to select something at left side of display with my right thumb). Otherwise its a great phone, but not VFM considering India's pricing. G6 & OP 5T seem more VFM, but those have some disadvantages compared to S8 for sure.

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
Can you comment on durability. I read it is a very fragile phone. Forget back I am concerned about front glass. My s4 survived major drops without protection.

Can you comment on durability. I read it is a very fragile phone. Forget back I am concerned about front glass. My s4 survived major drops without protection.
I have been using phones with glass backs for more than 4 years before I bought S8. I don't drop the phone much but still use a case. All phones with a glass back are kind of fragile (I don't know how V30 got the MIL certification). So if you are clumsy, get a very good case, something like Spigen Armor series cases or Otterbox Defender

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
I have been using phones with glass backs for more than 4 years before I bought S8. I don't drop the phone much but still use a case. All phones with a glass back are kind of fragile (I don't know how V30 got the MIL certification). So if you are clumsy, get a very good case, something like Spigen Armor series cases or Otterbox Defender
Bought s8 today. The over hyped fingerprint sensor does not bother me. Great screen but battery life seems to bother me. Also the head phone jack placement is annoying.

Bought s8 today. The over hyped fingerprint sensor does not bother me. Great screen but battery life seems to bother me. Also the head phone jack placement is annoying.
If you are using the phone at 1440p resolution, bring it down to 1080p. I get additional 30-40min of SOT in 1080p vs 1440p. The fingerprint sensor is reachable in S8, many reviewers said so too, but in S8+ & Note 8, the scenario changes.

I think you can't complain about headphone jack position considering it is becoming endangered in flagships (I never had a problem with position of jack, top or bottom doesn't matter to me)

Top Bottom