Thermal Paste

anaklusmos

Youngling
I recently i saw that my CPU was heating up a bit , and on checking I saw that the thermal paste has dried up in the almost 3 years it has been in use.
Can you suggest some good thermal paste. Main purpose of PC is gaming and i wouldn't want throttling to happen due to overheating
CPU: i5-2500k

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
Ummm i have no idea what is the cost of thermal paste ...... is INR 500 enough for something that might last me another year or 2?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Ummm i have no idea what is the cost of thermal paste ...... is INR 500 enough for something that might last me another year or 2?

403 Forbidden

- - - Updated - - -

However, if you want the absolute lowest temps possible and planning to OC, then go for IC Diamond from Amazon but that is very expensive.

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
403 Forbidden

- - - Updated - - -

However, if you want the absolute lowest temps possible and planning to OC, then go for IC Diamond from Amazon but that is very expensive.

I was actually planning to OC, but is it possible to clock near 4-4.5Ghz on a stock cooler with Noctua paste u mentioned?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I was actually planning to OC, but is it possible to clock near 4-4.5Ghz on a stock cooler with Noctua paste u mentioned?

4.5ghz on a stock cooler? very bad idea!.
get a good after market cooler to overclock your cpu. BTW what is your psu & mobo?
noctua nt h1 is a good thermal paste.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
There is good enough head room for overclock since psu is a beefy one. Get a good after market cooler.

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
There is good enough head room for overclock since psu is a beefy one. Get a good after market cooler.

Can u suggest something? Preferably cheaper, since I just blew a whole lot of money on shifting apartments and upgrading other Desktop parts

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Cooler master hyper 212x if you want something cheaper. Else noctua nh d15 , deepcool assassin etc.

Top Bottom