The Starcraft II Thread

STARCRAFT II
*gameaxis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/starcraft-2-logo.png​

I know that there aren't many strategy players around but this is one helluva strategy game. It delivers the same epicness as Warcraft did. So use this thread to discuss about it. Currently Wings of Liberty has been released which is the first of the three expansions.

I just started the yesterday and i was very pleased with it. This is probably the best strategy game of this year. Even if you haven't played any strategy games then this one is the best one to start with. You'll definitely love it.

You sure invested in a great game. I wish i had the cash to "obtain" it the good way too.

Now completed mission 5. Awesome game. It unlocks new uber marines in every mission. Fking awesome.

^I'm gonna buy every game i pirated once i start earning for sure.

The game is mostly same as Warcraft III, only better and more brutal. Now i'm in mission 6.

mac555

Broken In
finished the game....should i say ,it was top of the league....ending was great....to be continued in heart of swarm...

hellrider

Broken In
Having a blast with this game. Each mission is unique and offers fresh gameplay. Achievement system is one of the best part about battle.net, makes me go back to previously played missions to earn new achievements.

Piyush

Lanaya
i'm a strategy game lover
the games that i cant forget are:
rise of nations(i wish microsoft could come up with its sequel)
CIV IV(impatiently waiting form CIV V)
the settlers(fk ubisoft,i cant play their latest one)

so my question is :
seeing my taste in strategy games should i start starcraft II WOL?
i have seen trhe gameplay movie and pretty much liked it
are there any neagtive issues with this game?

NOTE:i havent played a single Warcraft or Starcraft game

I recommend that you play Warcraft III first. Its like a movie literally with awesome gameplay as well. Starcraft 2 is almost as same as Warcraft3. Its ok if you don't play SC1 because while installing SC2, the installer will fill you in on the story.

hellrider

Broken In
I recommend that you play Warcraft III first. Its like a movie literally with awesome gameplay as well. Starcraft 2 is almost as same as Warcraft3. Its ok if you don't play SC1 because while installing SC2, the installer will fill you in on the story.

But it won't fill you in with Brood War stuff!
Only the manual which comes in with the retail version has complete story.

jithin.rao

Broken In
Its recommended to play starcraft 1. You will clearly understand the story. I got my official copy and didn't play SC2, I took 2 days to complete SC 1 completely :). Its one addicted game for me :)

noob70nuker

Right off the assembly line
If you really after the story and plan understand what the real score on campaign yeah you need SC1, but if not don’t bother other games.

I’m Hands down on SC2 as the best single player and multiplayer p/c game i've played all year.. They've made the multiplayer feel like a MMO in itself, coming closer and closer to earning new achievements and portraits with each game.. I'm hooked.. I cant wait for the zerg chapter to come along; especially the single player which i was pleasantly surprised with, too bad im gonna have to wait for the 3rd chapter of SC2 to sink my teeth into what the protoss have to offer.. I may say all the sacrifices that made by not buying warcraft gold for a month just to have the SC2 copy are all worth it.

Last edited:

SilentShadow

Right off the assembly line
Does anyone know of any store where you can buy the game in Mumbai? Where did you guys buy it and for how much?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Playing it now and then. I am no RTS player so it dosn't wow me much (no pun intended :D) but nevertheless it's still a good game and it's bloody for a RTS. Haven't seen so much blood in a RTS game except Warhammer 40,000 Chaos Rising (which is a good RTS/RPG game too!).

jithin.rao

Broken In
I got it through battle.net, for SGD 109, almost INR 3600. I know its costly, I have pushed back all my game purchases for the next 6 months for this.

Alok

Adventurer
i'm seeing this game on top in rts but yet to play. i'm feared about boxed display(due to low res) in Warcraft III . So anyone tell me about this concern. Does this have higher res?

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
i'm seeing this game on top in rts but yet to play. i'm feared about boxed display(due to low res) in Warcraft III . So anyone tell me about this concern. Does this have higher res?

There is a tweak by which you can make Warcraft III to run in 16:9. No more box display ;) Google it, or I will pm you once reach home.

Top Bottom