The Slow Death of Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
There are talks that Microsoft May stop the WinXP SP3 to push vista in... !! dont know how true it is, as Official MS has not commented !!

faraaz said:
The Redmond Company will no longer offer Windows XP either to OEMs or to the general public starting with February 2007.

This is absolutely wrong.....As Windwos XP is available frm Microsoft....

Check it here:

*www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=a9d2c448-eb05-4a2b-a062-9c711c533e0c&crumb=catpage&catid=ea710cad-37b0-4975-bcd6-abfee19961df

faraaz

Evil Genius
ajaykumarmeher said:
This is absolutely wrong.....As Windwos XP is available frm Microsoft....

Check it here:

*www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=a9d2c448-eb05-4a2b-a062-9c711c533e0c&crumb=catpage&catid=ea710cad-37b0-4975-bcd6-abfee19961df

Um, first of all...WTF? I never said anything about windows being available or not...all I said was HDDs will be more expensive.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure it was a typo...all the months he referred to were in 2008 except for only ONE instance...kinda obvious dontcha think?

prasad_den

Padawan
I don't think XP will be replaced that soon.. And there will be support for it even for the next 4 to 5 yrs., I'm sure.. Even today we see manufacturers giving drivers for Win 98 OSes... If that is the case, XP will have support at least for the next decade, by which time we (or at least most of us) would be running Vista or Linux or something else..!! :D

anandk

Distinguished Member
Dell brings back XP on home systems !!!

Amid significant customer demand, the computer maker said on Thursday that it has returned to offering the older Windows version as an option on some of its consumer PCs.

*news.com.com/Dell+brings+back+XP+on+home+systems/2100-1046_3-6177619.html

"We heard you loud and clear on bringing the Windows XP option back to our Dell consumer PC offerings," Dell said...

T

thunderbird.117

Heck people still use windows 95, 98 and ME. The college which i study still uses windows 95. I wonder why cant they install latest Ubuntu it looks much better than windows me.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
^^ Much better than Windows XP or Vista too.It is user who can customise to look the way u want without any 3rd party s/w unlike Winfows.Linux got better 3D effects than aero too using compiz/beryl
a GNOME ubuntu screenshot :
*www.ubuntux.org/files/images/Pantallazo-1.preview.png
*www.ubuntux.org/image-galleries/ubuntu-5-10-screenshots
*shots.linuxquestions.org/?linux_distribution_sm=Ubuntu%207.04

Last edited:
anandk said:

Amid significant customer demand, the computer maker said on Thursday that it has returned to offering the older Windows version as an option on some of its consumer PCs.

"We heard you loud and clear on bringing the Windows XP option back to our Dell consumer PC offerings," Dell said...

yep customers are demanding XP and saying no to Vista.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
anandk said:

One more example why Windows XP is simply unbeatable. Even after around 8 months of span, my XP has never given me any problems. Never a BSOD error/ crash. That's all becoz it's genuine and full up-to-date. I love it! :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@ freebird

i m looking from last some days, you are hijacking all the threads of Windows with your Linux & FSF rants & bashing Windows calling it pathetic. Man, stop acting stupid. This makes you & Linux look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom