The Official Windows 7 Discussion Thread

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Didn't expect LTSC to be this smooth and less resource hungry. Ram usage was about 1-1.2GB with windows defender running on start which can be reduced further I think. AND no stupid bloatware :bananana:
Installed office 2019 and total disk usage was 18-19 GB.

LTSC is best especially for non-gamers(even for gamers,depending on games/cards/drivers you might be perfectly fine with it). Btw there is a way to also add ms store capabilities to it in case you want some store app/game from ms store(there is a dedicated thread for this on mdl forum). :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
LTSC is best especially for non-gamers(even for gamers,depending on games/cards/drivers you might be perfectly fine with it). Btw there is a way to also add ms store capabilities to it in case you want some store app/game from ms store(there is a dedicated thread for this on mdl forum). :)
Yes, checked it and added windows store to the VM. I didn't think about this earlier but now would not delete this VM and keep it as a sandbox for testing stuff.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think Forza Horizon 4 runs on the latest LTSC version. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes,it is one of the few exceptions because it checks for a certain driver/store entry newer than what was used in v1809(the same build on which LTSC2019 is based upon) so it doesn't work.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well that is a very big exception because that is one of the few things one would want to upgrade to Win 10.
Well as with all major games its requirements are latest,if it was released a few months before v1809 final release then it would have no issues running on ltsc with the store add modification. That is why I earlier said ltsc is best for non-gamers but for gamers it is a matter of luck depending on games/cards/drivers.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Official Ubuntu blog on how to move from Windows 7 to Ubuntu

How to upgrade from Windows 7 to Ubuntu – Installation | Ubuntu

Top Bottom