The Moto X 1st and 2nd Gen Discussion

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Installed CM12.1 on my Moto X+1 and its good. Though you have to explicitly unlock bootloader from motorola website and void warranty.

Have been using nightly for a month and its not that bad.Definitely better than moto stock crap.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Installed CM12.1 on my Moto X+1 and its good. Though you have to explicitly unlock bootloader from motorola website and void warranty.

Have been using nightly for a month and its not that bad.Definitely better than moto stock crap.

Moto stock isn't that crap, it's mostly Vanilla. CM provides tons of extra features so I can see why you call it crap. :p
And unlocking from motorola website is the only I unlocked it too.

I have been using CM 12 since I tend to prefer the most stable ROM now, with least bug.

For my Moto X (2013) I am currently trying ParanoidAndroid and one more ROM.

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=266361]kunalgujarathi[/MENTION]
[MENTION=288626]polupoka[/MENTION]
[MENTION=155555]Superayush[/MENTION]
[MENTION=32982]Baker[/MENTION]

Any of you guys are on Stock ROM? I need to try to pull the camera app which was quite cool. Current camera app which comes with CM 12 is pretty bad. There are no single toggle buttons. Toggling front and rear camera needs two taps. Switching to video mode takes two taps. But previously all it took was single tap.
Anyone can help getting that old stock camera app?

polupoka

In the zone
Moto stock isn't that crap, it's mostly Vanilla. CM provides tons of extra features so I can see why you call it crap. :p
And unlocking from motorola website is the only I unlocked it too.

I have been using CM 12 since I tend to prefer the most stable ROM now, with least bug.

For my Moto X (2013) I am currently trying ParanoidAndroid and one more ROM.

- - - Updated - - -

@kunalgujarathi
@polupoka
@Superayush
@Baker

Any of you guys are on Stock ROM? I need to try to pull the camera app which was quite cool. Current camera app which comes with CM 12 is pretty bad. There are no single toggle buttons. Toggling front and rear camera needs two taps. Switching to video mode takes two taps. But previously all it took was single tap.
Anyone can help getting that old stock camera app?
I installed "app backup and restore" and clicked -'save system apks'
So I have stock camera apk . Tell me how can I send that apk to you?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
There are numerous ways.
Dropbox, Google drive, mega upload, mediafire etc ..
If I am able to get the camera from stock ROM, that would be awesome.

polupoka

In the zone
There are numerous ways.
Dropbox, Google drive, mega upload, mediafire etc ..
If I am able to get the camera from stock ROM, that would be awesome.
Here it is... Sorry for late Vyom..have dysentry as a gift from picnic yesterday:cool:
Link- *drive.google.com/file/d/0B0F8mUMk5nsvX0dnbFR4TzFvWW8/view?usp=sharing

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Here it is... Sorry for late Vyom..have dysentry as a gift from picnic yesterday:cool:
Link- *drive.google.com/file/d/0B0F8mUMk5nsvX0dnbFR4TzFvWW8/view?usp=sharing

Thanks man. Will try this and report if it worked.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, didn't work. Get error. Will have to see what I can do.

*i.imgur.com/PsuUay8.png

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

system apps backup apk won't install and are not portable.
you will need a flash able zip for it work.
i think xda has many links for zips.

[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]: Can u try the below links

[PORT][06192015][Ver 2.26] ColorOS Camera fo… | OnePlus One | XDA Forums

[MOD][ZIP] New Moto X Camera+/Gallery | Nexus 6 | XDA Forums

polupoka

In the zone
How can I even miss it I dont know but i downloaded 688.5 mb lollipop 5.1.1 update of my beloved MOTO X (1st gen) an hour ago[heard it came 6 days ago] and it is awesome! My opo is in nightly cyanogenmod 12.1 as suggested by amjath bhai and its good too... ocassionally I update it through Cyandelta. btw the default camera is bad in cyan 12.1 so I installed the Oppo cameramod 2.5 and its very good!

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]: Can u try the below links

[PORT][06192015][Ver 2.26] ColorOS Camera fo… | OnePlus One | XDA Forums

[MOD][ZIP] New Moto X Camera+/Gallery | Nexus 6 | XDA Forums

Forgot to update here, but that 2nd link worked. That was the original camera on Moto X. And it's good. One Plus camera was also good, albeit I use the simple Camera+ app. Thanks for sharing those links.

How can I even miss it I dont know but i downloaded 688.5 mb lollipop 5.1.1 update of my beloved MOTO X (1st gen) an hour ago[heard it came 6 days ago] and it is awesome! My opo is in nightly cyanogenmod 12.1 as suggested by amjath bhai and its good too... ocassionally I update it through Cyandelta. btw the default camera is bad in cyan 12.1 so I installed the Oppo cameramod 2.5 and its very good!

Can you share the link? I wasn't able to find out the factory image of Lollipop for our phone, but couldn't find it anywhere. My searching skills are becoming old I guess.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
For the update to this thread. I did get the link to the official image of stock Lollipop for 1st gen Moto X. Its this.

Been using the stock Lollipop for a week now and suffice to say I am extremely satisfied. Apart from some of the features which CM provides, the Stock ROM is fully functional with the added bonus of no stability issues and bugs.

Jumping from CM to Stock might seem to be downgrade, but the CM have many bugs which I can't afford right now. I would still like to try CM but maybe a while later. The biggest thing is that Touchless controls have started to work again (which was not working in CM). And I can set any phrase to activate the functionality. I have set it to "Ok Jarvis". :D

What about you guys. How's your device going along? I am asking to both 1st gen and 2nd gen owners.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Moto X force is luring me into buying!

The Moto X Force Smartphone has an 'Unbreakable Screen' | Digit.in

It's unbreakable!! :D

amjath

Human Spambot
Interesting short testing by cnn

Indian on top yaay
*i.imgur.com/FKAewpn.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Lol.. That was nice crack tests.

Also interesting to note that India is on top of the nation where the most number of screen cracks, though the lowest, 8% of people are using a cracked screen phone.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Are you talking about Gmail or email configured with IMAP or POP? In later case it has to be the problem with protocol being used and/or server issue.

Top Bottom