The Moto X 1st and 2nd Gen Discussion

polupoka

In the zone
Hello vyom da,can you guide me about installing factory image of rom? I think we need root to install image, na? Btw... One thing I really miss is a software for pc to check updates properly for moto devices... Ya, motorola device manager is here but its myterious! No UI at all if there is no update they just tell you so and disappear! Sony pc companion is so real! And also no rooting method available for kitkat 4.4.4 for moto x 1st gen(let alone lollipop)!!! So how do we install factory image, aha? [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You can try the method described by Google: *developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

But I don't take any responsibility of doing something wrong. Not that it's a difficult process, but you have to have some idea of what you are doing. Else it's Best to wait for OTA update.

polupoka

In the zone
Thats only for nexus devices! Not for motos. N bootloader have to be too... After z1 'sadma'...... "na baba naaa!"

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thats only for nexus devices! Not for motos. N bootloader have to be too... After z1 'sadma'...... "na baba naaa!"

That's a cool ASCII art for "Unlock". Well, I think you should just wait for OTA. I would probably wait for OTA too. Since I have my N7 to experiment. Don't want to experiment on newly bought Moto X. But I *may* decide to unroot and try flashing just for the fun of it. But maybe in 2015.

polupoka

In the zone
That's a cool ASCII art for "Unlock". Well, I think you should just wait for OTA. I would probably wait for OTA too. Since I have my N7 to experiment. Don't want to experiment on newly bought Moto X. But I *may* decide to unroot and try flashing just for the fun of it. But maybe in 2015.
Thanx ... Ya I surely wait. No more money... My account is pathetic after I bought the strontium 16gb microsd with 'microsd+microusb+usb'card reader! Na ya... I will root, bl or anything only after june'15

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Don't think so. But I am patiently waiting. Afterall Lollipop came on my Nexus 7. :D

Motorola owners.. this is a good read:
The Golden Age of Motorola

polupoka

In the zone
Moto G First Generation users in
India receiving Android 5.0 Soak test
invites !!!
And still nothing for its big brother!!
Its an insult to moto x owners :/

Last edited:
OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wow polupoka, you are really becoming impatient. :D

Though I too want Lollipop for my Moto X but not that eagerly. Already tasted Lollipop on Nexus 7, and due to the primary shade of light colors, I don't think it would be a good choice for our Moto X. Since goodness of Amoled screen greatly gets overshadowed by those bright colors.

polupoka

In the zone
Moto x 2nd Gen users can always flash rom from xda.
I am talking about MOTO X 1st gen! @nd gen has already official 5.0 i think!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow polupoka, you are really becoming impatient. :D

Though I too want Lollipop for my Moto X but not that eagerly. Already tasted Lollipop on Nexus 7, and due to the primary shade of light colors, I don't think it would be a good choice for our Moto X. Since goodness of Amoled screen greatly gets overshadowed by those bright colors.
Ye Vineetda I am impatient! I feel we are being ignored! flipkart ka MOTO X 1st gen ka stock bhi khatam! I SHALL WAIT FOR THIS YEAR ONLY :-x
WITHOUT LOLLIPOP IN 1ST JANUARY MY MOTO X WILL BE MY BROTHERS FIRST ANDROID(he's in danger with the old pureview given by me,poor fellow :p )My 5 mail IDs are registered for one plus one invitation and there are too many kind DADAs too in TDF! so... ;-)

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ You are going to dump Moto X, only for Motorola not giving a premium treatment to 1st gen Moto X owners? :(
But I am a little sure we will get the update before the year ends. Google have released a small update to Lollipop (5.01), so I think this is why Moto X's update is being delayed. They won't release a half cooked update or an update with bugs. :)

But wow man. I am sure you will have a hard time doing that after being use to Moto X's Active display. :p

$hadow

Geek in making
I am talking about MOTO X 1st gen! @nd gen has already official 5.0 i think!

- - - Updated - - -

Ye Vineetda I am impatient! I feel we are being ignored! flipkart ka MOTO X 1st gen ka stock bhi khatam! I SHALL WAIT FOR THIS YEAR ONLY :-x
WITHOUT LOLLIPOP IN 1ST JANUARY MY MOTO X WILL BE MY BROTHERS FIRST ANDROID(he's in danger with the old pureview given by me,poor fellow :p )My 5 mail IDs are registered for one plus one invitation and there are too many kind DADAs too in TDF! so... ;-)

I doubt it. It was a soak test and the phone is yet to make 5.0 even in US.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
See this!
*motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/102640/p/30,6720,9197

Well, it didn't help much, but it did gave me a chance to talk to Live Chat directly. So I did. Following is my conversation:

*i.minus.com/i6fg07IIo6a9E.jpg

Transcript:

<First in queue, connected to Eric in 5 seconds>
Eric: Hi, my name is Eric. How may I help you?
Eric: Good morning, how are you doing today?
Vineet: Hi Eric. This is Vineet this side.
Vineet: I am fine.. hope you are too.
Eric: I am great
Eric: How may I help you today?
Vineet: I am an owner of Moto X 1st gen. I heard the 2nd gen got Lollipop update recently. I was wondering is there any chance owners of 1st gen can rejoice by getting the update by this year end?
Eric: Let me assist you with this
Eric: Before we move any further and just for verification purposes, would you please confirm your email, phone# of the device we are dealing with and the location where this was purchased?
Vineet: It baffles me to see that even Moto G have got the update. So why the partiality against Moto X!
Vineet: Email: *******@gmail.com
Vineet: Phone: **********
Vineet: Location: flipkart.com
Vineet: Country: India.
Eric: In india ?
Vineet: Yes.
Eric: In this case Let me transfer you to the India chat support.
Eric has disconnected.

<19th in queue, connected to below person in 5 min!>
Thirumalesh: Hi, my name is Thirumalesh. How may I help you?
Thirumalesh: Welcome to Motorola support, How may I assist you today?
Vineet: Hi Thirumalesh.
Thirumalesh: Hello.
Thirumalesh: How may I help you?
Vineet: I was asking "Eric" the one whom I was connected to before I was redirected here about the update to Lollipop for my 1st gen Moto X.
Vineet: Can I expect the update to Lollipop (Android 5.0) before year ends?
Thirumalesh: "Motorola is excited that Google has released the Android 5.0 ("Lollipop") software for mobile phones. Motorola Mobility is now working hard to create Lollipop builds for our eligible devices globally. (Visit Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc. to see if your phone will receive Lollipop.) It takes time to develop and test the software, but the team is working to deliver quality Lollipop builds as fast as possible."
Vineet: Well, so is there no tentative time by which we can expect an update?
Vineet: (Any inside info, please?)
Thirumalesh: As of now we don't have any official information about exact date , We will be happy to update you once it is Officially Released .
Vineet: I was very excited while purchasing Moto X, and think this gadget is revolutionary, I think Motorola owe atleast a little support for us!
Thirumalesh: I understood your concern .Soon we will announce it officially, kindly wait for official announcement.
Thirumalesh: Are we connected?
Vineet: Well, thanks for the information, although it didn't help much.
Vineet: Waiting impatiently for the update. I hope Motorola answers soon.
Thirumalesh: Sure sir.
Thirumalesh: We are always looking to improve our customer support, so you may receive a survey after this chat. We appreciate any feedback you can provide. Thanks for choosing Motorola.
Vineet: Please do me a favor and send this message to Motorola's developer team that Moto X fans are not asking for the update ASAP, all we ask is to atleast give us a 'tentative' date by which we can expect the taste of Lollipop.
Vineet: Thanks.
Vineet: Bye.
Thirumalesh: You are most welcome.
Thirumalesh: Thank you for contacting Motorola. Have a great day.
Thirumalesh has disconnected.

Top Bottom