The Laptop for creators

OP
P

Prashant97

Broken In
As per the current lists of laptops available with the 4000 processors, Zephyrus G14/15 looks most promising. The current US market prices are acceptable considering a Pantone Validated Display and R7+2060 combination. Looking forward to this one in Indian market.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As per the current lists of laptops available with the 4000 processors, Zephyrus G14/15 looks most promising. The current US market prices are acceptable considering a Pantone Validated Display and R7+2060 combination. Looking forward to this one in Indian market.
@SaiyanGoku @omega44-xt found this asus model claiming to have 240Hz screen, is this really correct because even on amazon international I see similar models with 144Hz screen only.
*www.amazon.in/Zephyrus-Graphics-i7-9750H-Windows-GX531GWR-AZ044T/dp/B07S23X558

OP
P

Prashant97

Broken In
Hp finally upgraded their design for omen, hp omen 15 look a lot better now.
Question is, how will their pricing be
From what I assume the new Omen laptops are going to be costly. I looked around for the spec list and apparently the base model is just not good for the price they are charging. Also HP provides one of the best on website customisation options (talking about screen and stuff) that you won't get on any of the seller websites. So if you are buying one from not the HP store, don't expect to get a good machine or something that you want.

OP
P

Prashant97

Broken In
@SaiyanGoku @omega44-xt found this asus model claiming to have 240Hz screen, is this really correct because even on amazon international I see similar models with 144Hz screen only.
*www.amazon.in/Zephyrus-Graphics-i7-9750H-Windows-GX531GWR-AZ044T/dp/B07S23X558
There are two models that are currently available for this. One is 9th Gen Intel with the 240HZ display, the GWR one, and another is the 8th Gen Intel with 144HZ display, the GW one. So if you are willing to pay around 170k for this then yes you can get the 240HZ and truth be told, the price is reasonable, spec wise.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are two models that are currently available for this. One is 9th Gen Intel with the 240HZ display, the GWR one, and another is the 8th Gen Intel with 144HZ display, the GW one. So if you are willing to pay around 170k for this then yes you can get the 240HZ and truth be told, the price is reasonable, spec wise.
Yes but I don't see this/similar models on amazon US which is surprising because it is is highly unlikely that a laptop with superior screen/hardware has more availability in India than USA & hence the doubt.

OP
P

Prashant97

Broken In
Yes but I don't see this/similar models on amazon US which is surprising because it is is highly unlikely that a laptop with superior screen/hardware has more availability in India than USA & hence the doubt.
Might be, but that is the case for this. Check out Best buy, they might have the 240HZ model.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Might be, but that is the case for this. Check out Best buy, they might have the 240HZ model.
Finally found the same model on amazon US, it is about 39% cheaper than Indian price.
*www.amazon.com/Zephyrus-Portable-GeForce-i7-9750H-GU502GW-AH76/dp/B07VF88TMR/

P.S. while searching on bestbuy I came across this question:
*www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-zeph...-q-1tb-ssd-prism-gray/6403815.p?skuId=6403815
Does this have the AniMe Matrix LED?

Found out this is the feature & it looks really cool, never knew about it before. @SaiyanGoku @omega44-xt

OP
P

Prashant97

Broken In
I saw that in LTT/Dave2D/Austin Evans video. Felt meh to me. I'd rather have a screen with higher color accuracy than a led array on the back.
I would rather go with a plain back like the one Asus Tuf A15 is offering. Although the LED array looks cool on the G14 but thats that.

Also one really bad feature of the new Zephyrus G14 and G15 is offering is the location of one of the exhausts. It directly throws the heat on the screen. So overtime the screen is meant to go bad.

So compared all 4000 based laptops and truth be told the Dell G5 15 SE looks most promising if it has a reasonable price.

OP
P

Prashant97

Broken In
Is Asus sabotaging it's AMD laptops?
It's like Asus is deliberately trying to downgrade the 4000 series APU's performance. For every AMD 4000 series laptops that Asus launched, they have messed up the Heat Exhaust big time and display panels are not worth mentioning and the fact that they soldered the Dual Channel RAM chips reducing the upgradability of the machine is just bad.
Let's just hope other manufacturers treat the 4000 APUs better.

Last edited:
OP
P

Prashant97

Broken In
Tell me one thing, will it be better to get a Gaming Laptop and a good OLED monitor for content creation or will it be better to get one on the laptop.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tell me one thing, will it be better to get a Gaming Laptop and a good OLED monitor for content creation or will it be better to get one on the laptop.
First of all there are no OLED monitors. Second, no matter how good a laptop screen is it will never be able to match a dedicated monitor with same/superior panel type(unless price difference is huge).

Where are you finding OLED monitors in India?

If possible prefer getting a good gaming laptop + an external monitor. Like if you want something now. get this:
Buy ASUS TUF Gaming A15 Laptop 15.6" FHD 144Hz Ryzen 7 4800H, GTX 1650Ti 4GB Graphics (8GB RAM/512GB NVMe SSD/Windows 10/Bonfire Black/2.30 Kg), FA506II-HN152T Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Attach it to a good monitor, there are 100% sRGB coverage 24" monitors for 10k, like BenQ GW2480 or something like Acer VG271P for 19k. Add additional 8GB RAM & another SSD to it, you will have a great setup on your desk. You can carry it when required. IF portability isn't required, get a desktop.

Surely TUF A15 doesn't have best of thermals, but put it on a cooling pad & maybe create vents on the bottom panel if you have DIY spirit.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Surely TUF A15 doesn't have best of thermals, but put it on a cooling pad & maybe create vents on the bottom panel if you have DIY spirit.
To be honest this isn't such a good idea as in my experience pushing such poor thermal design laptops to do what they were meant to do(aka gaming) will most probably reduce their life by at least 1-2 years. Also that DIY spirit will certainly result in a void warranty & you do not want that for such a laptop.

OP
P

Prashant97

Broken In
Where are you finding OLED monitors in India?

If possible prefer getting a good gaming laptop + an external monitor. Like if you want something now. get this:
Buy ASUS TUF Gaming A15 Laptop 15.6" FHD 144Hz Ryzen 7 4800H, GTX 1650Ti 4GB Graphics (8GB RAM/512GB NVMe SSD/Windows 10/Bonfire Black/2.30 Kg), FA506II-HN152T Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Attach it to a good monitor, there are 100% sRGB coverage 24" monitors for 10k, like BenQ GW2480 or something like Acer VG271P for 19k. Add additional 8GB RAM & another SSD to it, you will have a great setup on your desk. You can carry it when required. IF portability isn't required, get a desktop.

I have seen those vents on the TUF A15, they are first of all not aligned to the exhaust and second the exhaust grills have very small opening for air to get in so if I try something in it will mean messing up the warranty big time. Also I am planning to wait a little more for more entries to come into the market, selecting from a bigger list is always better.

OP
P

Prashant97

Broken In
Also I will wait for the R7 + 1660 TI variant to be launched in India. I mean if I am spending around 75K for 1650, why not just pay a little more to get the 1660. R9 are better paired with the 2060 or better, but the combination is costly.

Now uptill today, Acer and Asus both have launched 1-1 laptops with the new 4000 series CPUs in India, lets wait and see what Dell, HP and Lenovo have in their buckets. Will it be worse or will it be better?

Top Bottom