the great mind challenge

bijay_ps

Broken In
So... I hope most of U guys heard of it n those who haven't for them,its an initiative by IBM to cultivate the ideas and skills inside you, For more details you can google "tgmc 2011".
Anyway,this year I am participating in tgmc with my frndz..... jst wanted to know if anyone else there also participating in it??

OP
bijay_ps

bijay_ps

Broken In
well I have selected unique id management and rt now haven't decided the os but am planning to do it on Ubuntu. What about you,I mean what is your project title?

OP
bijay_ps

bijay_ps

Broken In
Hey eggman U too....... Hmm... now atlst I can discuss my prjct details wid someone on forum :)

I want links for downloading IBM softwares for tgmc (LINUX supported softwares). So if anyone know it..... plz share it

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
i'm doing the social networking one ... i hope you're used to linux.. because getting IBM software running is a big pain... go to technical resources in the tgmc 2011 page
and download eclipse, Websphere community edition and db2 expressc , you'll have to register.

*www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydevel...e8_8f4b_649337b014b6/page/Technical Resources

are u participating?

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Hey eggman U too....... Hmm... now atlst I can discuss my prjct details wid someone on forum :)

I want links for downloading IBM softwares for tgmc (LINUX supported softwares). So if anyone know it..... plz share it

Oh sorry...I misread your post and thought that you were asking for a name for your project. My bad :(
I'm not participating :-|

OP
bijay_ps

bijay_ps

Broken In
thnx ssk_the_gr8 for Ur suggestion and sharing the link. By the way I use Ubuntu also but frankly speaking am jst a noob to that. Anyway so which linux os do You suggest me to use? I am also planning to give a try to mint....

OP
bijay_ps

bijay_ps

Broken In
okay then I'll go with Ubuntu.... jst one more thing the link U have shared,it contains the linux supported softwares also rt??

ssk_the_gr8

okay then I'll go with Ubuntu.... jst one more thing the link U have shared,it contains the linux supported softwares also rt??

yes....

remember one thing, if u use linux, the ibm software is much more difficult to install, i have still not been able to get all of it working... if you dont have someone in your college to guide you.. then you might as well go with windows XP .. not vista or 7

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
remember one thing, if u use linux, the ibm software is much more difficult to install, i have still not been able to get all of it working... if you dont have someone in your college to guide you.. then you might as well go with windows XP .. not vista or 7
@all: He only means for DB2 btw.

OP
bijay_ps

bijay_ps

Broken In
Hey while downloading websphere its asking me for registration,even though I am already signed-in and asking to enter my company details......... I don't work in a company,I am student...... so what should I do??

ssk_the_gr8

Hey while downloading websphere its asking me for registration,even though I am already signed-in and asking to enter my company details......... I don't work in a company,I am student...... so what should I do??

make sure you're downloading the community edition and for company name put anything, does not really matter

Top Bottom