Negative Experience That's it for Amazon.in for me

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
My order was delivered to my neighbour :shock: . And when we received from the neighbour, it was open. The neighbour's are telling it was open from the start (though they are liars in reality & we don't trust them) but the question is how could Amazon deliver my item to my neighbour?
Not buying from them now. Courier was India Post.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
My order was delivered to my neighbour :shock: . And when we received from the neighbour, it was open. The neighbour's are telling it was open from the start (though they are liars in reality & we don't trust them) but the question is how could Amazon deliver my item to my neighbour?

what item? tell its not working and get replacement
India Post????????this is the world's worst courier service

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
What are you suggesting? The working is not in question. What is objectionable is the integrity of the courier/amazon that they think they can deliver my product to anyone els.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Probably no one was in your home to pickup. Probably the courier guy was trying to do good thing by not letting your item getting delayed just because no one was at your home to pickup. Not that it was a good thing, but that could be a possibility.
I think it's the fault of India post and not Amazon.in. You can let Amazon.in know about it, and raise your objections.

I suggest to use COD the next time. Your neighbors won't pay for you. Courier guy have to contact you.

PS: I hope the package didn't contain adult material, since that's a possibility too. :lol:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I am confused, how an order was delivered to your neighbour? Are you saying that you had your own address on Amazon and for that shipment and yet they delivered the product to your neighbour? This is the biggest joke then. For me Amazon uses Blue Dart as courier!
Just call or email Amazon why this fuss had happened then. Simply ridiculous! Can't be any more unprofessional!

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
IMHO it usually happens due to pathetic third party sellers shipping products. File a complaint and use whatever services are being offered to you. You could also replace the product if it arrived opened. That is #1 unwritten rule of receiving packages via courier.

Anyway, I too placed a couple of orders and though I was disappointed to see that they sent some young boy to deliver the product, misplacing it is a completely different issue. Always try to buy products labelled 'Fulfilled by Amazon' *images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/36/53/17/70/3653177010.jpg (just look for this batch)

There is a difference when you do that but it all comes down to shoddy seller policy. Look at the seller, not the product, reviews before placing an order.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I am confused, how an order was delivered to your neighbour? Are you saying that you had your own address on Amazon and for that shipment and yet they delivered the product to your neighbour? This is the biggest joke then. For me Amazon uses Blue Dart as courier!
Just call or email Amazon why this fuss had happened then. Simply ridiculous! Can't be any more unprofessional!
I have given my own address to Amazon but they delivered it to my neighbour.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably no one was in your home to pickup. Probably the courier guy was trying to do good thing by not letting your item getting delayed just because no one was at your home to pickup. Not that it was a good thing, but that could be a possibility.
I think it's the fault of India post and not Amazon.in. You can let Amazon.in know about it, and raise your objections.

I suggest to use COD the next time. Your neighbors won't pay for you. Courier guy have to contact you.

PS: I hope the package didn't contain adult material, since that's a possibility too. :lol:

I've already made amazon aware. Yes there was no one at home but does that mean you will deliver it to my neighbour? My mobile number is written in bold on the package. There can be no explaination to this fault. If you're intelligent enough you'll get the point instead of having filthy ideas on your mind.
I don't prefer COD since I need to make available cash at my disposal. Once I had multiple orders with flipkart COD. He told that half of your package has arrived but when he came to my door he came with all. So I had to run to the ATM with the courier guy & no ATM was having cash at that moment so it became an embarrassment.

- - - Updated - - -

IMHO it usually happens due to pathetic third party sellers shipping products. File a complaint and use whatever services are being offered to you. You could also replace the product if it arrived opened. That is #1 unwritten rule of receiving packages via courier.

Anyway, I too placed a couple of orders and though I was disappointed to see that they sent some young boy to deliver the product, misplacing it is a completely different issue. Always try to buy products labelled 'Fulfilled by Amazon' *images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/36/53/17/70/3653177010.jpg (just look for this batch)

There is a difference when you do that but it all comes down to shoddy seller policy. Look at the seller, not the product, reviews before placing an order.
Yes I always look for Fullfilled by amazon tag. I'm purchasing online since 2011 so I'm aware what I'm doing

tkin

Back to school!!
Blame India post, its not like Amazon told them to deliver to your neighbor, also it goes against TOS to deliver a package to other people.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
If you live in a place where you have any of reputed private courier brands serve, then before confirming your order contact the seller and ask him to ship using your preferred courier. In many cases they would agree but sometimes they might either refuse because that courier does not cover seller's area or that it might cost more. You would have to pay more.

India Post is a Government of India service. There are 2 ways the poor postmen who deliver the packages behave. The officious ones refuse to deliver a package in your name even to your own father unless he gives him an authorization letter by you. (For each item/visit a new letter has to be given). The lazy/too tired to come back ones just give it to the nearest neighbor.
Regarding the call to your mobile phone number, the post man has to pay for that call out of his pocket so I sincerely doubt he would do that unless you have an 'arrangement' with him.
This works out either well or poorly depending on your situation.

For eg. at my native my father gets all his mail regularly because the post man drops it in a roadside neighbors house while passing through. We are good with them.
However once there was a post man who refused to deliver any registered parcel addressed to me even to my own father at my home and I had to post an authorization letter so that my father could walk 2 km to post office and collect it.

There it is.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Worst thing is the packet was opened. Now I can't really order a replacement because it might've been Courier or neighbour.

- - - Updated - - -

With flipkart I receive sms when is the product out for delivery with Mobile number of the courier , I immediately call him but in this case no intimation was made even after opting for SMS alerts. After 6 hrs of package been delivered I checked the status on Amazon's site, it was "received at courier facility".

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
Hmm...then its 'Courier Fail' because I received messages and even tracking information via email (FEDEX and Amazon Transportation Services)

Ebay seller used Bluedart the last time I placed an order, therefore, so far so good.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Worst thing is the packet was opened. Now I can't really order a replacement because it might've been Courier or neighbour.

- - - Updated - - -

With flipkart I receive sms when is the product out for delivery with Mobile number of the courier , I immediately call him but in this case no intimation was made even after opting for SMS alerts. After 6 hrs of package been delivered I checked the status on Amazon's site, it was "received at courier facility".

India Post updates the status after the delivery. Might even be next day :-o

Top Bottom