Text looks very bad in MS Word

I have given a screenshot comparing the same text in MS WORD and Notepad.
I dont know if you guys can make out, but on the MS WORD one, (Left) the text looks like its cracking. It looks horrible, and after few minutes it really hurts my eyes.

I have two monitors, one is 1080p VA panel and other is 1050p LED . On both the displays the text on MS Word is cr@p.
Text on other apps, like web browser is fine

*i.ibb.co/k21679H/compare.jpg

My specs
  • Windows 10 Home
  • MS Office 365 Original
  • AMD 1500x
  • GTX 1050ti
  • 8Gb RAM

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Same project but even terrible joint handwritten notes of 150 pages were given.( Soft copy) I finished but didn't get paid.
Reason: There were many errors
But I double checked and triple checked before submitting.

So take only if you can see clearly & able to understand the notes given to you. Okay.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Same project but even terrible joint handwritten notes of 150 pages were given.( Soft copy) I finished but didn't get paid.
Reason: There were many errors
But I double checked and triple checked before submitting.

So take only if you can see clearly & able to understand the notes given to you. Okay.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk
i have no idea what you are talking about

Flash

Lost in speed
Maybe Check System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced > Settings > Performance > enable the “Smooth edges of screen fonts” option?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looks like ClearType tuning required. In windows 10, click start and search "Adjust Cleartype text".

Edit: You can also do Run > cttune

*www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/image146.png

This will open the ClearType tuning app. Just follow the instructions and it will make your text more crisp. Note that some fonts are not fixable using this method.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Are you comparing between exact same font and its size across text editors?
I assume you have MS Office 2007 or above. In that case just to go MS Word - File -->Options --> Advanced --> Display and toggle the option 'Disable Hardware Graphics Acceleration' and check again if that makes any difference.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Are you comparing between exact same font and its size across text editors?
I assume you have MS Office 2007 or above. In that case just to go MS Word - File -->Options --> Advanced --> Display and toggle the option 'Disable Hardware Graphics Acceleration' and check again if that makes any difference.
no difference

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then check/update any drivers related to display/graphics(use windows update). If that doesn't work then try manufacturer's site for any driver updates.If still nothing then try some older version(try to think when it was working correctly & try a driver with date around/before that time).

Top Bottom